Honored Contributor

It was Cher who first gave me the inspiration to wear my hair parted down the middle...long and straight just like hers.I wanted to be her. Today my hair is shorter and thinner but it's basically the same style even after all of these years.

Cher Says Sonny Bono Didn't Find Her 'Attractive' When They First Met |  Entertainment Tonight

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I only started the grow-out in May. The worst of the grow-out is over.

I've been snipping ends to keep it fairly even as it grows out.  One of these days I'm going to have to hit the salon for styling. 

So far, so good.  I've been managing with lots of mousse and hairspray.

-------------------------------------

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:
I’m growing out a pixie. My hair naturally parts just off center.

Same for me.   After having my hair no shorter than neck length for the past 47 yrs., last year, right about now, I had it cut into a modified pixie.  I've been keeping up with regular haircuts but right now I'm at the stage where it's sticking out and not laying right.  Sometimes I'd like to grow it out into something like Lisa Rinna or Meg Ryan's former messy style. I probably don't have thick enough hair to pull off either one.  Either I have to think of a way to restyle it to get through this stage or it's back to the salon for a trim. 

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

So many ladies seem to be growing very, very long hair.  Most all that I've seen, part their hair in the middle.

My hair tends to naturally part in the middle when I'm overdue for a trim.

Respected Contributor

@MorningLover I think it my be hair from the new Erika Jayne line.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I haven't read all of this thread as it's long and I (should be) short on time.

I've noticed for many years that the hair style, especially for the younger crowd, has been long, straight and parted down the center.  The 70s hairstyle.  I don't have a part these days and when I did, it was a side part.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I see more of this style (off centered part) than center parts.

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Since letting my pixie grow out I now have the French Bob with my hair parted in the middle with bangs.  Since I have gotten older my hair changed drastically from wavy to curly from course to medium fine.  Rarily had bangs when young and never a middle part.  I really like it.

@Imaoldhippie 

This is me!  But I have always had baby-fine, thin straight hair.  A year or two ago I just decided to stop fiddling with it and trying to make it do what it didn't want to do.  It wants to lay flat and be straight.  So I went with a center parted French bob with bangs.  Now it's truly wash and go, which is what I need as a full time caretaker of two family members. 

I do agree with the poster that said the real hair uniform right now is LONG hair.  Some of these ladies looked a lot better IMO with shorter hair, but if they're happy that's all that matters.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags .............I love my bob, its easy and looks nice.  Curly on the ends and wavy every where else.  My hair is so thick if I had it long it would take hours to dry, and its gets very heavy when long.

Im glad you like your new do.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

So many ladies seem to be growing very, very long hair.  Most all that I've seen, part their hair in the middle.

@Krimpette They aren't growing any long, long hair.  They are purchasing and adding long, long extensions and lace wigs to wear.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

So many women in the sixties wore their hair parted in the middle.

Michelle Philips reflects on the Mamas & the Papas, 'Knots ...

Mine just seems to go any which way it wants every day!

And the trend is primarily back big time because of extensions and lace front wigs that will achieve this length.  Many of the women you see with these parts down the middle of their heads in 2022 are wearing wigs and extensions.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life