Honored Contributor

Dior has reformulated its Addict lipsticks, which are just now hitting the market. Their description:

Dior ushers in a new era in lip makeup with the breakthrough creation of a lipstick that boasts a hydra-gel core with a top coat effect for sensational mirror shine.
Concentrated in the shape of a CD at the center, the ultra-moisturizing soft core runs the full length of the stick. Application after application, it works like a top coat, adding an extra dose of shine and lasting colour with unbelievable comfort.

There are 38 shades, and they are gorgeous. I saw them today at Macys and ended up buying one at Sephora (they hadn't even put them out yet).

If you prefer a heavy opaque matte formula, move along :-) These are light in texture and have a good amount of shine and moisture. But surprisingly, they (at least the one I bought) seems to have excellent pigmentation and longevity. You absolutely cannot trust the representation of shades online. For example, my Rock'n Roll #750 looks scary dark on the Dior site, but on my lips it is a light to medium beautiful warm rose with a nicely done bit of shimmer. They apparently come in pure, shimmer, and pearlescent finishes. 

Even though you have to see them in person, this might at least give you an idea of the range of shades (from temptalia). And of course you can also check them out on Dior:

Swatches

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

suzyQ3 - I love Dior Lipsticks - they are the best!

I happened to go into a Department Store last week - and these Lipsticks were on display - it was like being a kid in a candy store - which one to buy!  

I eneded up with #967 Gotha and #535 Tailleur Bar.

Honored Contributor

I am so bummed right now. I've been wearing mine since I bought it this morning, and my lips are burning. I hope it's a coincidence. 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Sadly, my lipstick is going back. Not only is it possibly irritating my lips, but I decided that the shimmer in this shade is just a bit too much for me. Hopefully, others will not have the same problems, because the shades are very attractive.

Respected Contributor

Re: The New Dior Lipsticks

[ Edited ]

I have used Dior Lipsticks for many years - and have never had a problem with any of them - including the two new ones purchased last week from the assortment you've show above.

Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Valued Contributor

Re: The New Dior Lipsticks

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 ~~Sorry the lipstick didn't work for you.  I agree, the shades look lovely.  How is/was the lasting power?

Honored Contributor

@jump4joy wrote:

@suzyQ3 ~~Sorry the lipstick didn't work for you.  I agree, the shades look lovely.  How is/was the lasting power?

@Jump4joy2 @Seka

Thanks to both of you. Yes, I was disappointed. Who knows? Maybe it wasn't the lipstick, but since it was the only new product I used yesterday, I'm thinking I must be sensitive to something in it.

Also, though, the high shimmer in this particular shade was not kind to my increasingly older lips. Smiley Sad

The lasting power was decent for the shade I purchased, considering that it was a fairly sheer color and a  moisturizing lipstick. HTH.

Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@jump4joy wrote:

@Jump4joy2 @Seka

Thanks to both of you. Yes, I was disappointed. Who knows? Maybe it wasn't the lipstick, but since it was the only new product I used yesterday, I'm thinking I must be sensitive to something in it.

Also, though, the high shimmer in this particular shade was not kind to my increasingly older lips. Smiley Sad

The lasting power was decent for the shade I purchased, considering that it was a fairly sheer color and a  moisturizing lipstick. HTH.

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

#667 Avenue is one of my all-time favorite lipsticks -- and you know that's something coming from a lip junkie like me!!! Smiley Wink I am sorry you had a negative reaction. The previous Avenue was a satin/cream type finish on me (halfway between sheer and opaque, too)  so maybe a cream formulation might work for you. I'll definitely check out the new formula - thanks for the heads up!!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting pics! I love Dior lippies!!!!!