Honored Contributor

Re: The Me Chic Permanent Hair Removal Device on sale now

@Ainhisg wrote:

I just now took the time to read this thread.  I've never even considered (or knew much about) a device like this, but I am tired of the coarse black AND white chin hair, facial hair in general, and hair in other...ahem..places where there should not be hair!  I like it that I'm supposed to shave before using it, so I'm not dealing with long hair like you have to do before you wax.  

@SilleeMee and @JeanLouiseFinch...so...I want to make sure I understand.  After the hair is gone, it is permanently gone like in forever?  My mom is in assisted living, and the beautician shaves her face along with other ladies' faces, as they just can't see the hair or manage tweezers/devices any longer.  How nice to not have THAT in my future.  lol

Yes, @Ainhisg but understand that it only works when you are consistent with the program over the initial treatment period (weekly treatmen for 7-8 weeks).  After that, it's a monthly maintenance treatment.  It's good for all hair colors and skintones, and there is nothing extra to purchase such as a treatment gel.  You shave first, use the device by stamping it across the area, and you're done until next week.  

There are some contraindications and warnings on who should not use the device and where it shouldn't be used.

Who should not use (contraindications)

DO NOT use if you have epilepsy or light-induced seizures or chronic migraines. The energy flashes might cause severe headaches and migraines.

DO NOT use if you have an active implant, such as a pacemaker, incontinence device, insulin pump, etc. Use of the mē has not been tested in individuals with active implants, and, therefore, the effects are unknown.

KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. The mē should not be used by anyone, or on anyone, under the age of 18. The use of the mē on or by children has not been studied and could result in serious damage. The mē is not to be used by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction.

Warnings

DO NOT use if you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant (conceiving) or breast-feeding. The mē has not been tested on pregnant or breast-feeding women. Hormonal changes could increase skin sensitivity and the risk of skin damage.

DO NOT treat with the mē immediately after or before an
active tanning session - in natural light, on a tanning bed or when using sunless tanning products. If you are not certain whether you are tanning or sunburned it is recommended to do a skin sensitivity test (page 8) and wait 24 hours.

DO NOT use the mē on areas that have been sunburned as this can make the skin more susceptible to damage.

DO NOT use directly on parts of your skin where you have tattoos, dark brown or black spots (such as large freckles, birthmarks or moles). These areas may absorb too much light energy which can damage the skin.

DO NOT use on the ears, neck, nipples, genitalia or around the anus. These areas may have more sensitive skin and using the mē there may cause serious damage.

DO NOT use on or around the eyes, eyebrows or eyelashes. Doing so could cause permanent eye damage.

DO NOT use on a man's face, jaw or neck. Using the mē in these areas may result in skin damage.

DO NOT use the mē on any area where you may want the hair to grow back. The hair removal results may be permanent.

DO NOT use the mē if you are sensitive to light (photosensitive). • Some diseases can be related to photosensitivity

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg,

Yes, once you use the Me Chic as directed, hair is permanently gone. You might, however, experience a few new hairs popping up at some point but these hairs are not growing back from treated areas. They just happen, especially with hormonal changes. Eventually most all of your hair will be gone. The only hair that I have had difficulty removing completely is the peach fuzz on my face. After using the Me chic on my peach fuzz, over time it has been noticeably reduced but not completely gone.

Respected Contributor

For this device, I would take the longer return period.

Honored Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

@ Montana- there is one - 90 days

Respected Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

Plus I didn't pay taxes, if I purchased the one from Amazon I would. Also, I wonder if the ones Amazon sells is an older version.

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg,

As @ Montana mentioned, the longer return policy would be 90 days if you buy it from Evine. Otherwise, it's only 30 days for most other places that sell it.

Honored Contributor

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@ Montana wrote:

Plus I didn't pay taxes, if I purchased the one from Amazon I would. Also, I wonder if the ones Amazon sells is an older version.

@Tennessee Vol,

As far as I know, there is only one version of the Me Chic. All of those you see online are the same thing.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Ainhisg,

Yes, once you use the Me Chic as directed, hair is permanently gone. You might, however, experience a few new hairs popping up at some point but these hairs are not growing back from treated areas. They just happen, especially with hormonal changes. Eventually most all of your hair will be gone. The only hair that I have had difficulty removing completely is the peach fuzz on my face. After using the Me chic on my peach fuzz, over time it has been noticeably reduced but not completely gone.

@SilleeMee

How long did it take for you to see results on peach fuzz? That's the primary reason I'm buying it... I never had peach fuzz, or at least I didn't notice it, until a few years ago and I don't like it!

According to the instructions you can use the Me 2 to 3 times a week on the face. Did you use it more than once a week? Did you start out on high or work up to it?

Thanks for your help!

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee @JeanLouiseFinch  I do have a lot of moles.  Most are flat to the skin, but some aren't.  From reading what was posted plus I just went to their website's FAQ, it sounds like I probably shouldn't get it.  What do you think?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Ainhisg,

Yes, once you use the Me Chic as directed, hair is permanently gone. You might, however, experience a few new hairs popping up at some point but these hairs are not growing back from treated areas. They just happen, especially with hormonal changes. Eventually most all of your hair will be gone. The only hair that I have had difficulty removing completely is the peach fuzz on my face. After using the Me chic on my peach fuzz, over time it has been noticeably reduced but not completely gone.

@SilleeMee

How long did it take for you to see results on peach fuzz? That's the primary reason I'm buying it... I never had peach fuzz, or at least I didn't notice it, until a few years ago and I don't like it!

According to the instructions you can use the Me 2 to 3 times a week on the face. Did you use it more than once a week? Did you start out on high or work up to it?

Thanks for your help!

@Tennessee Vol,

I used it twice a week on my face for the first month, shaving between treatments, and by the beginning of the second month I noticed less peach fuzz. On the second month, about week # 5 or 6, I used it just weekly until it was evident to me that my peach fuzz was gone as much as it could be. Now when my light fuzz grows out, it's far less noticeable and not quite so long.Woman Happy

eta - I always used it on the highest setting, never any lower. @Tennessee Vol