Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone watch his videos?

A wonderful stylist from Minneapolis....I sure would love to visit him, but it would require a flight from Maryland.

His makeovers are stunning.  I've not seen a bad hairdo in the many videos.   Just amazing!

Why can't I find someone like THAT??

Respected Contributor

Re: The Makeover Guy on YouTube

@Witchy Woman what's his name?

Esteemed Contributor

Christopher Hopkins, the Makeoverguy dot com.  Has a bunch of short videos on Youtube showing the before and after.

Respected Contributor

I subscribe to his channel and get notifications when he posts a new video.  I don't want to miss even one because I find his work amazing.  Not only does he give great haircuts, but his makeup artists are fabulous too.

Did you ever see the video where his mother starts out with how she looks before she does anything to herself?  I don't know if I am allowed to post a link; however, please try to find it.  It is amazing. 

If there are brilliant people like him in different areas of the country, I wish they would make themselves known because I would love to get a makeover like the one that he does.

Esteemed Contributor

@hellodali 

I'm glad you've seen his work.  

I would give serious consideration to traveling there if I had a gal friend to go with!  Not sure my husband would want to go.   I'm keeping it in my mind for now Cat Very Happy

I will look for the video you mentioned.

My once beautiful curls have been smoothed out for years and I'd love to have them back.  I started smoothing because the curl pattern seemed to change and I couldn't get a decent cut.

I'm letting the smoothing grow out, but my hair has become a real challenge.  

Now, I'm not sure HOW my hair should look anymore!  It's graying and I've colored for years.  Some days, I just want to put on one of those Liz Taylor turbanCat LOL 

Occasional Contributor

Love his work.  Look forward to seeing each new video makeover.  Someday I hope to make an appointment.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I own his book and I think you can see it free on archive.org (non-profit, no affiliation). I love his interactions with his mother. His makeovers are fantastic.

@hellodali   I saw the video with his mom. I think she is already a beautiful woman, but I respect the fact that at this stage in her life she wants to present a certain image to the world with how she feels inside. She did an excellent job with her makeup. She looks so polished and beautiful, but as I said in the before you can tell she was always a beauty. It was a fun video to watch. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

He does some remarkable work but when he misses the mark, he really misses it. 

I always thought the makeovers on Ambush Makeover on the Today Show were awesome. That would be my choice if I were going to do one of those. You can check them out on YouTube for ideas. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

In the videos of his mom when he and his sister were growing up, she is absolutely stunning.  I think she is now in her late 70's and I am sure even without all the makeup, she would be a beautiful woman.  Naturally, a little color never hurt anyone. 

His family seem to have a wonderful relationship and that too makes him so endearing.  I love the way he speaks so highly of his mom.  It is really very nice.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman  In my lifetime I had two stylists that could really cut hair and I am 69 so that goes to show that not that many stylists are really talented.  It's the truth.  They cut hair by the book and never go beyond that.

kindness is strength