Honored Contributor

Re: The Japanese Konjac Sponge

On 10/30/2014 Vamp said:

I've never heard of them before this thread (Thanks--I learn so much from the beauty board!), so I had to look them up. I've been using microfiber cloths on my face as I am trying to cut down on products & chemicals. So far they've been great, and they are so easy to throw in the wash. Can you wash the konjac sponges?

Yes, you can wash them. If you couldn't wash the sponge, it wouldn't be a very effective tool for washing your face. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On 10/30/2014 CeeCee said:

I've seen these on eBay for about $1.00 with free shipping. Anyone know if they are much different than a buff puff? I use a Buff Puff and I am happy with that.

CeeCee

The buff puff fibers are more abrasive than the konjac sponges. The buff puffs will provide better exfoliation and the konjac will be less irritating on sensitive skin. I used to use buff puffs, but haven't use once since the early 90s.

Frequent Contributor

I get these reasonably at a local Korean market. Try an Asian market/cosmetics store if you have one locally. Not like a BuffPuff as they are typically not rough but more "sponge." FYI the Boscia sponges were not the first in the us, just the first regularly sold at a major US chain store. Occasionally I rinse hem and hang to dry. They completely dry out and reconstitute when wet again. They are most commonly available plain or grey (w/ charcoal).

Contributor

Thanks for the info! I would like to try body sponge.. charcoal and red body sponges at amazondotcom seems to be the best price..