Trusted Contributor

Re: The IT Lady & Eyeliner - Can't See That, LOL!

I have been using a magnifying mirror for years for when I apply makeup.  I could never do anything without it. I even have a small hand held one to use when I pluck my eyebrows, I have sparse brows but they seem to grow wild randomly and those chin hairs that pop up. I couldn't be without it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I also use a 10X magnifying mirror for make-up.  Don't know if a lighted mirror would help more.

Hi @Daysdee @, I have 10X lighted and a pocket one without lights, and lighted is better

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the replies everyone but I have a 10X lighted mirror, it helps but not enough.  No biggie, I was just a little taken aback when I discovered this.  Same as I was when I realized that I needed to spend the extra $$$ to get my prescription sunglasses with bifocals.  I didn't one year since I didn't think I ever read anything detailed in my sunglasses.  Wrong!  I couldn't see my watch clearly and couldn't differrentiate the coins in my hand.  They looked like a silvery blob.  

Respected Contributor

I just started using one last year and now I for sure could not put on my makeup without it, sometimes I try...and look in the 10X mirror and go OH MY I better not attempt w/out the mirror.  I'm actually a little stressed this year for our vacation because I don't want to take mine off my wall but I also worry it would break in trasport on the plane if I packed it.

Not sure I want to buy one $$$ just for the two weeks we will be on vacation.

Suggestions?!

Esteemed Contributor

@SandGirl  -- regarding travel-sized magnifying mirrors:  I've bought all of mine at either Walmart or Bed, Bath and Beyond.  Very cheap!  (they have to be cheap because I've left a few small mirrors in hotel rooms... oopsie)   The two I have now came in velvet-like cases - both have been carried in my suitcase hundreds of times and never broke... yet.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt