Honored Contributor

Re: The Hair Spoolies sold on EvineLive today

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@hopi wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

@hopi don't they leave a crease in your hair though?  If they are comfortable to sleep with they might work after showers at night.

@Suebdoo

They do not crease the hair at all.  I actually wear them in the shower and wrap my head in a towel and can scrub my face, neck and shoulders and not totally ruin a hair style.  They are very comfortable to sleep in and you can position them away from the back of your head because it is so easy to wrap you hair around them.  Sometimes it only takes four of the middle size ones to do my whole head and my hair is shoulder length.

They are worth playing around with. Definitely cheap enough and you can pick it up locally.   My hair would tangle so easily on a humid night and this really helps.  It has a different effect than the scrunchie knot at the top of the head to save hair and not anywhere as tight. The satin makes a difference.

What is the scrunchie knot at the top of the head you are referring to? I'm not familiar with that method?

@HappyDaze, I mentioned it  in my reply to @hopi that it's called a "pineapple." It's for sleeping.You pull all your back and then put it as high as you can and secure it with a scrunchie.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Spoolie ladies, do you think using a combo of the jumbo and regular is okay and wouldn't look funky? I am thinking the jumbo ones for the main part of my hair but the regular sized for the sides which are a litle bit shorter? 

@suzyQ3 oh okay, I thought it was a method to creat curls. I can't put my hair up like that because it pulls on my hair too much and causes breakage since I thrash around alot when I sleep. 

Super Contributor

When I was in high school and college I had really long hair.  I used spookies to get bouncy curls on the ends and single tendril curls along my face.  Loved them!

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

Spoolie ladies, do you think using a combo of the jumbo and regular is okay and wouldn't look funky? I am thinking the jumbo ones for the main part of my hair but the regular sized for the sides which are a litle bit shorter? 

@suzyQ3 oh okay, I thought it was a method to creat curls. I can't put my hair up like that because it pulls on my hair too much and causes breakage since I thrash around alot when I sleep. 

@HappyDaze, curly hair is a problem when sleeping. It either flattens out or gets weird and tangled. So there are some methods people use to avoid that to some extent. One of them is pineappling. It's recommended that you not use anything tight. So when I do it, I wrap the scrunchi just enough so that it won't fall out. Sometimes I do it just it because my hair bugs me at night and it keeps me cool as well.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned, when I remove the scrunchie my hair wants to stay on the top of my head. Not a good look, so I have to gently get it back into place and spritz it.

But no, it definitely would not create curls.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland