Occasional Contributor
Jamie keeps using to describe the skin her shimmer and glitter illumiser gives literally means"I don't know what" where did she learn to speak French? That makes no sense.
Trusted Contributor
It's an idiom meaning it has that certain something special.
It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Respected Contributor

the second meaning of je ne sais quoi means an intangible quality that makes something attractive. ""she has such je ne sais quoi"" For this meaning she is correct

~Enough is enough~
Occasional Contributor
Thanks for correcting me ladies, beautiful skin would do just as nicely, most of us don't speak French or in my case know the double meaning of certain phrases.
Honored Contributor
On 1/19/2015 NanaBanana said: Thanks for correcting me ladies, beautiful skin would do just as nicely, most of us don't speak French or in my case know the double meaning of certain phrases.

It's pretty common usage, even here in the U.S.A. and has been for a very long time. I was going to explain it, but the previous two posters have done that nicely.

I don't know what this poor woman (Jamie) has done to deserve such attacks as I've seen on these boards tonight. She seems like a perfectly lovely woman, who believes in her product. Where did she learn French? I don't know, but she certainly knows how to use the French phrase correctly, so she didn't deserve this criticism. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

(ETA: And "beautiful skin" is not the same as "je ne sais quoi".)

Honored Contributor
On 1/19/2015 KatCat1 said:

OMG! She talks so fast. Now she slowed down some, amen. I spoke too soon, here she goes again. I had no idea what she was talking or whether it was French or pig Latin. Stick to English, please.

Are we talking about the same woman??? I've watched and I thought she was very calm and spoke at a normal rate, certainly not interrupting the host(s). I most definitely must be watching a different show.

(Hmmm..."French or pig Latin". Yes, I can see your confusion. They're very similar. Best to stick to English.) {#emotions_dlg.glare}