Respected Contributor

Re: The Face Mask that is gentle on skin and celebrities are wearing

@Shanus wrote:

I've had to scout out masks with the adjustable elastic. They're not easy to find...Banana Republic, Tommy Copper are 2 places I've found them. Looks like masks will be in our future for maybe another year. I'm checking Amazon, too. Most are not shipping for a month or two. They're all in demand. ***Besides having a small face, I have my glasses and hearing aids to deal with behind my ears. Adding mask's elastic is a lot. 

Old Navy makes masks with adjustable elastic.  I just ordered some last Friday and they arrived yesterday.

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife I was thinking of purchasing masks from Gap or Old Navy. I was wondering if the Gap masks were a little better quality?

Honored Contributor

Am I right in thinking these masks are disposable, for a single use? If so they are expensive.

Esteemed Contributor

When I puchase masks with elastic that is too loose for a good fit, I simply tie knots at the end of the elastic. You really can get a custom fit by doing this.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Is that bowed open on the side like that because it's too big for Katie's head?  It doesn't seem like it would be doing much good?

@Lipstickdiva  I agree it looks bowed open at the sides, letting all the germs in/out.  Probably also the reason it is more breathable.  It looks to me to be more of a case that there doesn't appear to be enough pleating to close it up unless maybe you have a longer face.  

I picked up a 2-pk at Kroger and it has little plastic pieces that you can slide to get a tighter fit. They had 2 different sizes. I needed to hold the bottom cord and pull the upper cord out to get the fit I needed to keep it from sliding down every time I talked. I hate nose cleavage.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Katcat1 I agree the cloth masks that I have are too hot & uncomfortable.  I've been wearing paper ones but the ones that I have are very cheaply made and are always sliding down & fogging up my glasses.

I wear two paper ones (6 layers all together) and on the elastic that goes behind the ear, I tie one or two knots on each one and that keeps my mask more secure to my face, no slipping..  we'd do that with our surgery masks when'd have to go to surgery and it was a long case & we couldn't leave the surgery suite.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

@ninjawife I was thinking of purchasing masks from Gap or Old Navy. I was wondering if the Gap masks were a little better quality?

My daughter has masks from the Gap but hers does not have adjustable elastic.  They are more contoured then the ones from Old Navy.  She bought hers a few months ago because it looks now all the ones from the Gap have adjustable elastic.  I have multiple ones from Old Navy and have been happy with them.