Respected Contributor

Same problem here.  I use Advanced Clinicals Hyaluronic Cream.  I think it is helping.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Most, but not all, crepey skin is the result of the loss of collagen caused by the sun. This combined with age, loss of moisture and decreasing amounts of skin fat (usually from menopause) will produce crepey skin. Weigh loss will also cause it. 

Using acids, for instance glycolic or lactic acids, will help exfoliate and in turn cause the skin's cellular turnover to reveal younger cells. This cellular turnover slows down with age. Using an acid will induce cellular turnover and bring out smoother skin over time.

@SilleeMee   ITA. I will add that a gradual tanning lotion (I’m not into full on self tanners) helps make these areas appear less obvious. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Most, but not all, crepey skin is the result of the loss of collagen caused by the sun. This combined with age, loss of moisture and decreasing amounts of skin fat (usually from menopause) will produce crepey skin. Weigh loss will also cause it. 

Using acids, for instance glycolic or lactic acids, will help exfoliate and in turn cause the skin's cellular turnover to reveal younger cells. This cellular turnover slows down with age. Using an acid will induce cellular turnover and bring out smoother skin over time.

@SilleeMee   ITA. I will add that a gradual tanning lotion (I’m not into full on self tanners) helps make these areas appear less obvious. 

@Shanus 

I think that would depend on the self-tanner product. One time I used a tanning product that made my legs look really crepey and gave me alligator skin!  It settled into all the fine lines and made the lines darker. Just awful.Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus 

I think that would depend on the self-tanner product. One time I used a tanning product that made my legs look really crepey and gave me alligator skin!  It settled into all the fine lines and made the lines darker. Just awful.Woman Sad

@SilleeMee   That’s what turned me off self tanners years ago. Late spring/early summer, I start using the Jergens Gradual Tan lotion...comes in light/medium. Instead of using it every day, I apply it only a few times a week. Even though it’s a lotion, I only apply it after using my regular body moisturizer....Kiehl’s (the yellow “stuff”).

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   BTW, about self tanning, did you see tonite’s Westmore Beauty show? The vendor’s hands were white from wrists to fingers....hand washing. Another thing not great is the upkeep. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee   BTW, about self tanning, did you see tonite’s Westmore Beauty show? The vendor’s hands were white from wrists to fingers....hand washing. Another thing not great is the upkeep. 

@Shanus 

I didn't see that show but I know exactly what you're talking about with the self-tanner faux pas. I've seen some hosts with those white hands, too. That's always been a pet peeve of mine so I never self-tan my arms. I just do my lower legs and the tops of my feet...another place where some people leave white...dead give-away...lol!

Respected Contributor
I find, that after a good exfoliating scrub, I use J.M sugar scrub in the shower, then I immediately apply Vanicream in the large pump jar all over. I cant believe how nice my skin looks! No crepy skin anywhere. I've even used my loofah sponge, or just wash cloth...then apply that cream. I dont have to exfoliate often, its mainly the Vanicream that really helps my skin everywhere...feet too. But I see the best results after a sugar scrub, followed by Vanicream. For more lasting hydration on my feet...o'Keefe's is my best.
Respected Contributor
I get my supplements mostly naturally...I make a very healthy bone broth, fat is skimmed off, loaded with collagen and amino acids(I suggest Google recipes if your interested)..I eat dark greens, brocoli and plenty of fish. I take a few basic vitamins...I dont believe in over loading my kidneys, liver, etc with supplements that get peed out...very expensive pee🤣. I drink LOTS of water...sometimes lemon in it. Yep, I eat everything else too, and red wine almost every day🍷🍷. Overall my skin looks great...I do get a little dry on my legs and feet...so I exfoliate and use Vanicream. I posted earlier about that. Theres only so much the body can use and absorb, and yes genes play a part. So that's about it for me🤷‍♀️.
Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much. I appreciate the suggestions and I plan to give some a try!!  Woman Happy  I agree self tanner seemed to make the issue more noticable!