Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

It really isn't easy getting older, as women we start to fall apart, not all ,but a lot of us.

So do men. 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

It really isn't easy getting older, as women we start to fall apart, not all ,but a lot of us.

So do men. 

@Peaches McPhee 

A male friend who's just 10 years older than me ... a couple of years ago, he was complaining about dry skin ... he said he used deodorant soap in shower.  I gave him a bag of "Kiss My Face" olive oil soap ... dramatic improvement.  No more itchy dry skin.

So ... there's hope for men too!

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

A male friend who's just 10 years older than me ... a couple of years ago, he was complaining about dry skin ... he said he used deodorant soap in shower.  I gave him a bag of "Kiss My Face" olive oil soap ... dramatic improvement.  No more itchy dry skin.

So ... there's hope for men too!

True that....I got my partner to start using quality skincare items on his face and body after some resistance. Now he asks me for stuff all the time and he is costing me a lot of money LOL!  But his skin looks great and he no longer itches like a monkey from using drying soap in the shower.

Trusted Contributor

I am very thin due to a thyroid issue and the crepiness and thin skin is really starting to show, even on the back of my calves.

I love Andrew Lessman, and when he is on I listen to his teachings. His last TSV (not this last weekend but the one before in April) was Phytoceramides.

It was very interesting to listen to Andrew, he is so smart. It is hydrating your skin from within, not slathering creams on your outer skin, since no cream an penetrate deep enough (as much as we dram it can) that makes a bigger difference.

I bought it figuring I could return it, but I will be darned, it really works! I will never have 20 year old skin again, I can accept that. But since I started taking it my face does not look so drawn, my legs and thighs are looking much much better, even my hands look better.

I have also been adding electrolytes to my water, which is the only thing I drink. When electrolytes are low, the body has a hard time getting water INTO the cell so you just pee it right out. My Dr is the one that told me to throw some in my water. There are many brands, powdered form or drops. It is just sodium,glucose, potassium and magnesium, but you just have to watch how much sugar is in it. Some companies get sugar happy. You need "some" but not 11 or 12 grams so I just read labels.

By doing those two things (Andrews product) and adding electrolytes to my water I feel so much more hydrated, and my saggy skin is truly less saggy. It's never going to be what my mind wants (I want my 20 year old skin back LOL, but any improvement is good for me Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Welcome to the club. My whole body is just nasty. Oh, those golden years.

Honored Contributor

@gabstoomuch I think you're right about the electrolytes. And most of us are deficient in magnesium, which can have really bad effects.

I've started drinking mineral water sometimes -- mainly San Pelligrino -- to get more trace elements. It's acidic, I can tell, so it's not going to replace all my other beverages, but I feel it's helping my skin to get those trace minerals from the mineral water.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I started using a body lotion with vitamins C, E and B5.  It's by Fresh and comes in light, beautiful scents.  I am 69 and so far do not have a problem.  I am not sure if the lotions claiming they make crepey skin disappear; probably on a short term basis.  All you can do is keep up with body lotions and go with the flow of aging.  It stinks but it beats being 6 feet under!

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I was never in denial ... I knew I was going to show the signs of aging ..

But geez I didn't think it would be quite this bad !!!!

Super Contributor

I have been using Josie Maran's whipped body butter, and First Aid.  Neither of them really did anything for creapy skin on the inside of my forearms.

I ordered the Beekman 1802 sampler a couple weeks ago from HSN, 10 different body butters, 2 oz each.  I am loving them more than the other 2 ^ I was using.  The creapy skin is gone, I am amazed, only after using it for a few days.

I have a ton of Josie and First Aid and also on auto for both of them.  I think I need to rethink this, and after a little while longer useing Beekman 1802 whipped body butter, I may stop the auto, and stick with them, on auto also.  It is so nice and creamy, but not greasy like Josies is. Beekman 1802 has a beauty TSV coming up on Aug 10, hope it's a good one.

You should try Rodan+Fields Active Hydration Body Replenish!