Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Cost of WEN.

[ Edited ]

@glmama

This is probbaly not the product for you. I believe that you are going through way too much and you have mentioned that you cleanse every day.

Trusted Contributor

I mix up the CC so I don't really count pumps.  I go by how much is in my hand and have compared it to the pumps from the gallons (2 +2) .  The top recommendation on the bottles.  I use more than I need probably but  32 oz lasts me a month maybe and I only cleanse every 2-3 days.  Hair is past shoulders thick naturally curly and fine.  The TSV make it affordable.  You will get better info and help on the WEN forum.  I am spending maybe $35 a month for all the products tops.  The December TSV is the best deal cost wise for just the CC assuming you can use them all.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

HappyDaze-Yes, I've been on these boards for a long time. But honestly, I've never gotten involved with the WEN controversy stuff. Sure, I've seen some of the threads. But I'm a firm believer that we all pay what we can and want for those things in our lives that work for us and/or make us happy. Honestly, I realize now, looking at my post, that it seems a bit naive b/c, quite frankly, I was really, legitimately asking this question for myself and really curious.  I am not one to get into the muck on these boards or to "stir things up". And if all my thousands of posts were still available on the new boards you could see that. 

I apologize if starting this thread was seen this way. 

Anyway, I'll take all of your suggestions. Thank you. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Thanks, Suebdoo. I appreciate it! And excuse this underlining!

Valued Contributor

Thank you, iceZeus.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have found that I don't have to wash my hair as often when I use Wen.

When I use regular shampoo (Biolage or L'anza) my hair needs washing within 3 days.

I don't know why the big difference.

I can go 5 days with Wen.

If you want to save money, use regular shampoo then Wen.

Even when I do this, I don't get the same results.

But everyone's hair is different, so you will have to do trial and error.

Also, I don't use a lot products in my hair.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@glmama wrote:

Thanks, Suebdoo. I appreciate it! And excuse this underlining!

@glmama Well I have never been underlined before so thank you LOL and you're welcome!

Honored Contributor

I don't understand why people that love Wen don't understand there are people it doesn't work for their hair.

I have seen some really rude posts that they don't know why that everyone loves Wen.

It took me more than one time trying it to like it.

My friend loved SAM and her hair looked great but when I used it, my hair looked terrible.

I ordered the five piece set and now I know which one works better on my hair.

As with any product, some work and some don't.

For me, I don't worry about the cost because I don't wash my hair every day.

Respected Contributor

Contributor

@glmama No need to even come close to aplogizing for your post. It was a fair question, as is any beauty question.  I wash my hair every day (shoulder length) but full disclosure I am on and off Wen & now I'm on waitlist for the most recent TSV.  If I used 16 pumps every day I would be running out that fast too, but I think it would be way too much for my  hair.  How does your hair look every day after 16 pumps?  If that is what you need every day to make your hair look good, I don't mind offering "an opinion."  I think that does make it expensive.  Those who only wash a couple or a few times a week probably have a lot more dirt in their hair and it may take that many pumps to get it totally clean.  As an every day user, try using a lot less and let us know how your hair comes out. It's trial and error.  Which scent to you use?  (just curious about that.)