Honored Contributor

What makes this so different from other ones, I think it is the teeth in the plate, reminds me of the old Maxxumus flat iron sold on HSN eoans ago.

I did order one since I am flat ironing my hair a lot more since I decided no more Keratin treatments

Thanks all 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

What makes this so different from other ones, I think it is the teeth in the plate, reminds me of the old Maxxumus flat iron sold on HSN eoans ago.

I did order one since I am flat ironing my hair a lot more since I decided no more Keratin treatments

Thanks all 

didn't notice those,  going to look

I loved that maxi  iron,  I wore it out 

Valued Contributor

Yes it definitely seems like the teeth is the difference where you can curl along with straighten your hair.  I ordered the blue ombre one because my Chi just died on me.  I went to another store and purchased a cheap flat iron and it was awful so I am giving this one a try.

Trusted Contributor

I'm giving it a try. I like the idea of temp. control, something that my Chi doesn't have. 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

Re: The CAJ TSV "flat iron"

[ Edited ]

So is it teeth or just like grooves to grab the hair better?  I keep reading the description and it doesn't mention anything other than the floating plate. 

As a side note, two clips ..... really?  I'd rather they keep the clips and lower the price.  What good is two clips?

Honored Contributor

@makena wrote:

So is it teeth or just like grooves to grab the hair better?  I keep reading the description and it doesn't mention anything other than the floating plate. 

As a side note, two clips ..... really?  I'd rather they keep the clips and lower the price.  What good is two clips?

I know I need about 6 with my hair 

Respected Contributor

Re: The CAJ TSV "flat iron"

[ Edited ]

I just purchased this Caj. Even though I like my latest InStyler I'm hoping this will hold the style and cut down on the frizz for longer.  I am impressed with the model that has the shoulder-length, strawberry blonde, curly/frizzy hair.  Her results after he styled her were excellent.

David describes the teeth as having a "beveled edge." I assume it is another layer placed on top of the titanium plate.  My only concern is that the teeth will eventually break.   

The price was good and the free shipping was something QVC is very selective about!  I caved.........

Edited to correct the above:  the beveled edge is the side that opposes the teeth

Honored Contributor

I got the Caj too--I have a Chi flat iron with the curved plates that I love---but am wondering if the teeth would help with my very straight, short fine hair do something more than bend---the bane of my life is my hair----lordy it is a thing with its own life after chemo 6 years ago----a small but annoying thing in the scheme of things, I know!!!