Occasional Contributor

The Body Shop discontinued perfume oils

Did any of you use the body shops perfume oils? Back in the 80's/early 90's I loved them!! Have been reminiscing about rose musk and would love to get my hands on some! Does anyone know of anywhere that sells them or of any dupes for any of the old smells?

Who else used them? what were your faves?

Also love the japanese cleansing grains, carrot cream, pineapple face wash, coconut shampoo.....

New Contributor

Re: The Body Shop discontinued perfume oils

There is a seller now on eBay that has some of the original Body Shop perfume oils. The seller is happyfamily2010 and they are selling 15ml bottles along with original 200ml shipping bottles worth. Found one I was looking for! They have Rose Musk. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sfsuze -- You are in luck! I still buy mine from the original Body Shop store in Berkeley, CA -- renamed Body Time when the founder sold Body Shop. You can buy all of the original oils online on their website. I've been using their muguet oil since forever and still get asked what scent I'm wearing from total strangers. 

Respected Contributor

I loved their oils as well as the pineapple facial wash and brazil nut oil shampoo.  The only thing I buy now is the intense peppermint foot treatment.

Honored Contributor

I changed over to organic essential oils. I add them to Argan, Jojoba, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@sfsuze,   The Body Shop closed in our Promenade.  The Body Shop disconintued many items I loved so I stopped doing business with them  I think that was a problem for them and wonder how long they will be in business.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

5 year old thread resurrected.  Promoting their eBay auctions?  I'm thinking the oils might not be good after 5 years. 😜

Regular Contributor

Japanese washing grains and pineapple facial wash were my favorites. I loved the original smell of white musk as well. I tried it again recently and they definitely have changed it, cheaper ingredients I am sure.

New Contributor

Not at all and I’m sorry if my message gave you that impression. I was doing a google search looking for the oil I wanted and ran into this thread. I passed on the source I found just as a nice gesture sine the OP said they would really like to find some...

i don’t sell sell on eBay. 

New Contributor

.....oh, and essential oils don’t typically go bad but the may change some. Perfume like ouds are still used after many decades. If sealed against evaporation, centuries.