Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Best Thing you can do for your LIPS!

Laura Gellers lip strip is a really nice [gentle!] product.

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Harpa wrote:

I heard Linda Marshall from Elysee say adamantly that one should not exfoliate the lips! Not sure I agree with that. But superfine sugar is all you need, if you need to.

@HarpaLinda's pretty much 'anti-exfoliating' in general !! She really gets on a soapbox re: the topic of exfoliating. Yet Elysee has a facial scrub!! Woman LOL

Exfoliate-Skin vs Exfoliate-Lips = 2 totally different types of skin

Apples vs Orange comparison. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momoftwo2007  You can moisten the lips and then apply the product and rinse off and then apply a lip balm for moisture.  Sometimes I don't moisten the lips first.  Do what makes you comfortable but always use a balm to moisten after you exfoliate.  The product by e.l.f.  is extremely gentle.  You could make your own exfoliator at home with brown sugar and a tiny amount of oil.  Good luck.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3  I disagree with you.  When I exfoliate my lips they are so smooth and soft and I have no problems with my lips.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

I heard Linda Marshall from Elysee say adamantly that one should not exfoliate the lips! Not sure I agree with that. But superfine sugar is all you need, if you need to.

I was going to post the same.  I've heard Linda say that too.  

Honored Contributor

I use Laura Geller's Lip Strip, sugar scrub with mint taste

Honored Contributor

I use Original A+D ointment on my lips at night.

It doesn't give me the full effect of using exfoliation but it's very healing and moisturizing.

Super Contributor

Yes, but the second best thing you can do is make your own. It is so easy, some coconut cream, a bit of sugar,  some vanilla, maybe what ever else you like      for example Vit E or cinnamon. Making your own whipped shea butter is  immensly fun as well.