Respected Contributor

Re: The Beekman Boys said we injest.....

@BrandiDavis wrote:

What kills me are actually several things, some of them already mentioned here, but also the whole "neighbor" thing is beyond juvenile. Also, when I heard their whole "story" of how they came into this goat thing and they say they "lost" their jobs in the recession, etc...it's not like they were flipping burgers, one of them is a DOCTOR (MD)! LOL #eyeroll Like, I am sure he couldn't possibly find a job anywhere else LOL puhleeze!

I agree. I found that story a little suspect myself. 

Respected Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

You know, those men really have an opportunity to do some real good with their products.  I love the goats and hope they are good to them.

I just wish they were more believable and that I could use the products, but they dry me out for some reason.    

They do have a  large following but I don't find their products very hydrating for me. Many people claim that their products are the best ever but for me that's just not the case. I did buy their 4 pack of cleansing wipes last week from HSN after reading so many awesome reviews. Mine haven't arrived yet. Just hope that I am not disappointed.

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised to read all the negativity.  I love their products and love the fact that they are made in the USA.  And I love the goats!!!!!

Valued Contributor

I also love their products and listening to them.  They are a breath of fresh air.  

Tis the season say nice things. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't get the negativity either. I love some of their products, including food products from their website. They came up with a product, created a business, and treat their employees right. They interact with their fans and customers in an way most businesses don't. Due to recommendations, I tried Goat Milk Stuff and adore them too. Again, a small business where the family interacts with their customers on a personal level.

As to the cosmetic industry, yes, they all lle. How many times have you bought a face creme that promised to make you look 20 years younger, and of course, the TV models ARE 20 years young. I don't care if the boys exaggerate, since if I didn't like the products from day one, there would be no more purchases by me. 

To those who seem to enjoy harping on every word when the guys visit, get a life. Or just change the channel to something else.

Honored Contributor

Dear Lord, please let pumpkin spice chapstick really exist.  I am now on a quest.  I own well over 100 lipsticks curretly and I'm betting even I don't have 3.5 lbs worth.  That's in the tubes, not on my lips.  Ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor

@BrandiDavis 

I am not a fan of the Beekman Boys. I tried several of their products when they were on Evine and at best I found them to be MEH!! Even the soap which is their claim to fame,  is just so-so in my opinion.  

I also am not a fan on how the M.D. seems to disrespect the other guy, but whatever, not my business or relationship right?

With all of that said, I would never scoff at someone who lost their job. Loss of income is still loss of income, no matter what financial bracket you are in. 

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@sunshine 919  - How did they win a million dollars?  What race?

@San Antonio Gal 

I don't watch the show anymore but I watched it for several seasons. I do not remember them but the show was called "The Amazing Race".

Honored Contributor

If they said this, my guess is that they misspoke and meant that you eat that in a lifetime.

You don't have to take a hunk off a tube and chew it to eat your lipstick.  If it's on your lips and you lick your lips, drink out of a cup, eat food with lipstick on, bite your lips while wearing lip products, etc. some is going to go into your mouth.  

Anytime I hear anyone present clean beauty items, they talk about all the lipstick and balms people inadvertently eat in their lifetime.  When you think about it though, even 5 pounds in your whole life isn't that much. 

Honored Contributor

That's one reason I wear Lorac lipstick-no lead.