Honored Contributor

Re: The Beekman Boys said we injest.....

@sunshine 919 

Yes they've mentioned many times when they won the Amazing Race they paid off the mortgage on the estate.  

I must admit I met them in Tampa area

and they are truly friendly -- I was surprised actually how they both stopped & chatted with people who recognized them.  This was last year when they were coming to HSN which is in St. Petersburg.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919  - How did they win a million dollars?  What race?

Honored Contributor

I have heard them say that more than once.  I very seldom use any lip products...never lip stick or gloss, lib balm maybe a few times a year.  I sure don't eat it.

It's just anither marketing ploy.  I don't believe them.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal   Another marketing tool for Beekman.  The vendors and hosts will say anything for a sale.  I wish that one guy would stop standing there and working up suds.  He does it through the whole program.  Yuck!  I wanted to try their body cream but not at $38 which is totally ridiculous.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@sunshine 919 

Yes they've mentioned many times when they won the Amazing Race they paid off the mortgage on the estate.  

I must admit I met them in Tampa area

and they are truly friendly -- I was surprised actually how they both stopped & chatted with people who recognized them.  This was last year when they were coming to HSN which is in St. Petersburg.

Thanks, I had never heard them mention.  I just saw on line one day.Smiley Happy They do seem very friendly, it would probably be fun to tour their place.  It is also nice that they provide jobs for people in their town.

Respected Contributor

Impossible--for most women.

Valued Contributor

What kills me are actually several things, some of them already mentioned here, but also the whole "neighbor" thing is beyond juvenile. Also, when I heard their whole "story" of how they came into this goat thing and they say they "lost" their jobs in the recession, etc...it's not like they were flipping burgers, one of them is a DOCTOR (MD)! LOL #eyeroll Like, I am sure he couldn't possibly find a job anywhere else LOL puhleeze!

~ Hope in TN ~
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

My opinion of them went down - after I bought something directly off their website and they wouldn't take returns after I had a reaction to the product.  No more Beekman for me.

Their website still says:  "Unless defective, beauty products, food items and bedding cannot be returned once opened."

Esteemed Contributor

Ha, ha! Good thing we have kidneys and an elimination system to filter out the bad!

Trusted Contributor

I don't "eat" my lip products, I don't lick my lips. Before I eat anything, I wipe my lipstick off for that exact reason, so that I don't "eat" it.  I may ingest a bit when I drink, I'm not about to wipe my lipstick off every time I take a sip of whatever I may be drinking.