Honored Contributor

Re: The Beauty channel...giggling and silliness omg

@chiclet wrote:

I wanted to watch the Becca show at 8:00 last night and I had to turn it off.  The constant giggling and silliness by the host with the long brown hair is off the charts.  The other girl tried to keep it on track but the other one was ridiculous.  They should realize that as viewers we are not in on the inside jokes that make them laugh and want just the information and demonstration of the products.  I have tried to watch that channel before and just don't understand how they sell anything there.  I can only take about 5 minutes.  They should be professional and educational with selling.  If someone tells a joke or something happens to make someone laugh okay but just giggling about everything gets on my last nerve.

That Beauty IQ channel is really gone over the edge. The focus has changed to the teen and under 30 audience who have the patience to listen to the kackling and interruptions w/ FB questions and comments from other social media. 

I'm content w/ my YouTube makeup videos. Same info & tastefully done. Eventually the same products appear on QVC, but the hosts there are iffy, as well.

Honored Contributor

I like the concept of the Beauty iQ channel, and watched for several shows in the early launch period.  But I soon grew very weary of the insessant giggling and going off point so often.  I stopped watching completely. I love a good time, but it was so over the top, like nervous laughter that just didn't know when to stop.

The enjoyment I did get out of it was the fact that it's more like a living room setting with beauty "experts" breaking down products and application from start to finish in a casual setting.  Some vendors even come on completely fresh faced and apply each beauty item and can explain it in-depth.  In addition, because each show is also live on FB, they take questions from FB posters during the show.

But alas, all that was not enough to keep me coming back. 

Honored Contributor

By the way...Alberti said on his FB page that he's going to be hosting on all three channels -- QVC, QVC2, and Beauty iQ -- starting next month. 

Trusted Contributor

Elyse must have an "in" somehow to act so silly and still be on air, unless they are encouraging her to attract more Beauty I Quties on Facebook. I can't stand to watch her, and she's almost always on whenever I checked, so i too don't go back. It has saved me lots of money!

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@JudalineTrue, but even then there was silliness -  lots of it.  Please don't tell me we all took Kathy Levine seriously when she was here at QVC.  She could have been the queen of silliness.  And her silliness sold.

Kathy Levine did add humor, but not in the way the hosts do now.  They are loud, laugh constantly, don't give desired information.  I could go on, but won't.

Esteemed Contributor

Beauty IQ is a lame channel on an ipad. Dreadful graphics to go along with the limited brands presented on this channel. It's predictable what brands will be shown ad nauseum - philosophy, IT cosmetics. 

I'm buying beauty at drugstores, Winners, and Sephora where I can see, touch, smell, and test the products. I have stopped watching annoying beauty vendors and hosts no matter what shopping network they are on. QVC certainly seems to have more annoying ones than the others though.

Trusted Contributor

I was excited about the new QVC beauty channel until I realized it is mostly a bunch of recordings being played over and over again.  I do go through the schedule and record some of the programs I think I would be interested in, but I mostly just forward through everything.  I haven't been enticed to buy a thing from there.

I also don't like the way they "piece together" some of the shows.  I think it was a Mally program from last week -- I thought I was watching something fairly new, but then they switched to a demo from QVC, back to something with Elyse, then something with Alberti, etc.  It's like they were taking product clips from various shows and cramming them into a 2 hour segment.  I don't personally care for that kind of approapch, but I guess it's working for them.

Contributor

I totally agree, you would think it's another kind of show, not a shopping channel.

Regular Contributor

I agree. I can't stand watching  Elyse and Beauty IQ

Frequent Contributor

One can never have enough beauty products! Love Beauty IQ! Thank you QVC for Beauty IQ!