Respected Contributor

The Beauty channel...giggling and silliness omg

I wanted to watch the Becca show at 8:00 last night and I had to turn it off.  The constant giggling and silliness by the host with the long brown hair is off the charts.  The other girl tried to keep it on track but the other one was ridiculous.  They should realize that as viewers we are not in on the inside jokes that make them laugh and want just the information and demonstration of the products.  I have tried to watch that channel before and just don't understand how they sell anything there.  I can only take about 5 minutes.  They should be professional and educational with selling.  If someone tells a joke or something happens to make someone laugh okay but just giggling about everything gets on my last nerve.

Super Contributor

Re: The Beauty channel...giggling and silliness omg

I agree! I was so excited about the Beauty IQ channel but have mostly given up onwatching. i do enjoy a show if Alberti is hosting. I am looking forward to the Dr.Jart presentation.

for the most part, i find the shows unwatchable with all the silly squeeling, tee hee's and 7th grade behavior. 

I would love to see a few more hosts on regularly and some shows geared to more mature viewers. 

This channel seems to cater to jr. high girls!

Honored Contributor

The way to prevent this would be to just have one host. One. Then she'd have no one to laugh and giggle with. The old QVC always had just one host.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't see the need for Beauty IQ in the first place.   I could think of a few better seasoned hosts that would do a better job but quite honestly, I don't watch nor am I interested.  How many beauty products can one use? 

Trusted Contributor

I like the beauty channel however I think it is to attract the younger; you tube generation. I am not that generation but I do like the tutorial style of presentation on some products. I bought some PTR anti wrinkle toner last night. I had no  intention of buying anything. Maybe I am just too gullible. I never watch for a specific presentation of a product. I would do my research on my own if I was. I just happen to see things and want them. I just think they are trying to tap into the younger market who follow the makeup instagramers. That's not me either. but I love Alberti & Elise. Sometimes I switch over to the beauty channel because I don't want to see another hour long presentation of a TSV umbrella or door bell. 

Honored Contributor

I don't get the channel but watch the videos and I agree with the silliness on it.  The presentations are not informative at all.  They don't show the colors on the skin so we can see what the color actually looks like.  Nothing professional about it at all.

Honored Contributor

@Stray  I'm with you, but really, if beauty were NEED, would the beauty industry rake in $60 billion a yearan?  It's FANTASY, but then that's how so many things are sold from cars to houses to phones and food and guns and...   well, you name it and someone has found a fantastical sales pitch to sell it.

Honored Contributor

@JudalineTrue, but even then there was silliness -  lots of it.  Please don't tell me we all took Kathy Levine seriously when she was here at QVC.  She could have been the queen of silliness.  And her silliness sold.

Honored Contributor

Is there some kind of beauty expo or something going on in Vegas?  I ask because Alberti posted a photo on Instagram of his hotel in Vegas and then later posted a photo of himself with Amy Morrison from HSN, in Vegas, and said it was nice meeting her. 

I don't get beauty iq and have never watched it ever.  Was the host Elyse? 

Valued Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:

I like the beauty channel however I think it is to attract the younger; you tube generation. I am not that generation but I do like the tutorial style of presentation on some products. I bought some PTR anti wrinkle toner last night. I had no  intention of buying anything. Maybe I am just too gullible. I never watch for a specific presentation of a product. I would do my research on my own if I was. I just happen to see things and want them. I just think they are trying to tap into the younger market who follow the makeup instagramers. That's not me either. but I love Alberti & Elise. Sometimes I switch over to the beauty channel because I don't want to see another hour long presentation of a TSV umbrella or door bell. 

I agree that it is a youtube style presentation to get the younger viewers who are used to that kind of presentation.  I watch somrtimes and then turn it when I get tired of some of the chatter. I also think Alberti is the most "professional" host on that channel.