Honored Contributor

Re: The 4 Things To NEVER Use On Your Skin? | Chris Gibson

@AngelPuppy1 

I'm sure that's terribly frustrating. I can't use scented bath soaps in private areas and I'm not going to use two soaps and washcloths so I just use Dove Sensitive/unscented on my body and I use a dedicated face cleanser and a rice polish on my face and makeup melting balm on the days I have on makeup.

One night, YEARS ago, I ran HOT water on my washcloth and kept applying it to my face over and over again for probably 10 minutes.  Hot as I could handle it.   You can imagine what that did to my poor face Smiley Sad  Here are a couple of screen shots for you from my Google Hub.  Maybe something here can help.

2.jpg

22.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm  what cleanser do you use for washing your face? You mention uisng many facial products for hydration, but am interested in what your favorite cleanser is. 

I rinse my face in the morning and have been using ELF Pur Skin cleanser in the evening. It's gentle and non foaming but cleans well. I ordered a trail size yoghurt cleanser from Korres since I like their other products.

I have tried Cetaphil, but felt that it left residue on my face and didn't rinse off entirely. Ditched that one after a few attempts. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I use hot water for both my shower and my face.  I love my hot showers and dread the moment when I have to turn off the water and open that shower door.  On the mornings I don't use a cleanser, I use hot water on a wash rag and drape it over my face and breathe in.  My sinuses need it.  On the days I shower, I use Aveeno Positively Radiant cleanser, a non-foaming one.  

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining 

But the overall theme of the video wasn't to sell those products.  It was things to never put on your skin.  So if he and others can get help to keep putting out helpful content, so what if they mention a sponsor that doesn't call for using those products?  I think the YTers that I watch and do this have found something that works for everyone.  

Honored Contributor

I adore fragrance in my facial products but I know I'm in the minority.  It's ok, I'm used to it (g)

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

Thank you!  I appreciate the words and the info!  Maybe something in there could be good for me --- you never know!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

Remember 1006? think it was from Bonne Belle---I used that on a cotton ball on my face,  in the 60's. I never had acne at all during my teens, maybe 1 pimple once in awhile--got my parents good skin genes. Still have nice skin at age 68 but it is dry. I have been using Skinn a.m. cleanser--don't know if he still makes that--there was one for p.m. cleansing too. they came together as a kit---

You described my son-after I bought him some Bonne Belle for break outs, he'd have one break out once in a while. He told me he was thinking of quitting his job and going around the world promoting this product. hahaha I'm still laughing when I think of it.

Respected Contributor

My grandmother's skin care routine was Dove soap and Oil of Olay.  She had beautiful skin.  I use Dove or Ivory on my face in the shower.  My face is fine.

Regular Contributor

I love soap and do use it on my face. I use really mild soaps, like Basis clear and the white one, Clinique and the Goat Milk Stuff Castile. The mild soaps are just like bottle cleansers without the water added. Another one I love is the Hyalogic face and body soap with Hyaluronic acid - lovely soap!

I can't think of anything that I would NEVER use on my face. I have sensitive skin, but I have put alcohol on it when needed, Lactic and Glycolic acids.

My sister used to use Bonnie Bell 10-0-6 lotion on her face forever, and she has beautiful skin. That was too strong for me to use regularly, but I do use the Clinique toner 2 which is fairly strong.