Honored Contributor

That's News to Me (It Bye Bye Under Eye)

They are saying that as opposed to other eye creams this one can be used in the orbital area of the eye (aka the eyelid area).  I have never heard that you shouldn't use an eye cream there.  Am I the only one?  

Honored Contributor

Re: That's News to Me (It Bye Bye Under Eye)

I don't use a lot of those products, but I haven't come across that.  Odd.

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

They are saying that as opposed to other eye creams this one can be used in the orbital area of the eye (aka the eyelid area).  I have never heard that you shouldn't use an eye cream there.  Am I the only one?  

@Icegoddess.

Some eye creams you can use on lid.

I find it makes for puffy eyes in the morning the few times I did this before bed as it was occlusive (for me)...all my years in trying this and applying very little and non greasy types.

The times I did this I would only apply a bit and early on - hours before bed if they say you can apply on lids and 360degrees.

I personally feel with my eye crinkles/lines that I have had since my mid-late 30's :/  that It's eye cream (blue one) did nada. It's nice to feel it on is not overly heavy but just enough hydration but not life changing...many are not at my age now if lines beneath eyes.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

I think that's their point, that this product can be used everywhere on the eye. Most creams say not to because they can get into your eyes and irritate them, so you stop short of the lids. I think if you can use a product all over successfully it would be beneficial (though not sure if it would make shadow crease).

Honored Contributor

I do include the lid when I'm putting on at night.  I don't go there first, but while I'm in the area I think I might as well treat the lids too.  I have never actually seen an eye cream that said not to use on the lids, but maybe I'm not reading the instructions closely.  I would expect an eye cream to be non-irritating to the eyes.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

@Icegoddess.

Some eye creams you can use on lid.

I find it makes for puffy eyes in the morning the few times I did this before bed as it was occlusive (for me)...all my years in trying this and applying very little and non greasy types.

The times I did this I would only apply a bit and early on - hours before bed if they say you can apply on lids and 360degrees.

I personally feel with my eye crinkles/lines that I have had since my mid-late 30's :/  that It's eye cream (blue one) did nada. It's nice to feel it on is not overly heavy but just enough hydration but not life changing...many are not at my age now if lines beneath eyes.

It did nothing at all for me as well.  Waste of money.

Respected Contributor

I always read the instructions, and they all say not to get too close to the eye. Even undereye concealers say it, and foundations, which seems counter-intuitive.

Honored Contributor

Mine says to keep out of eyes or don't use ON the eyes.  I consider the lash line to be the limit.