Honored Contributor

Been reading the reviews, since it catches my eye now and then.  I see some of the screws have a problem of falling out. You can tape those so they stay in it says.  Are there any users here that have comments on this hair tool. It seems expensive but it would be a good gadget to have. 

Comments on this?

Respected Contributor

Re: That Calista hair perfector

I bought the perfector (not the hair dryer wand tsv) and it does nothing for my hair.  It is straight and has no body and the perfector does absolutely nothing.   I was tempted to buy the tsv but when you buy one product that does not work from a certain company you are afraid to try another.  I did buy something from Sally Beauty that looked like the TSV and it did not work for me.

Honored Contributor

If you have to use tape to keep the screws in, that speaks volumes about the lack of  manufacturing quality, IMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

My hair is long, just past my shoulder blades, and I own two Perfecters in different sizes. I love them. Never had any thing go wrong with them. I mostly use the 1-1/2 inch for smoothing and slightly flipping my ends. I don't ever wrap my hair completely around the barrels, just the ends. My hair is medium thickness, slightly frizzy and has a funky wave to it if I let it dry on its own so I use the Perfecter to smooth everything out. Saves me a lot of time to get my hair looking good.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I have the perfector in 2 sizes -  for my short, fine hair I definitely prefer the smaller barrel, maybe 3/4"???

I've had no quality issues with either of mine.

Respected Contributor

I own 2 Perfectors. I have never had a problem with eitherof them. I am not sure that I would be able to achieve great looking 2nd or 3rd day hair without them!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I had to have my perfector cut out of my hair near her scalp about a year ago...threw it in garbage and now I am still waiting for the hair to grow in to match the rest.

Honored Contributor

I have two different size barrels  that I bought used off of ebay for very little.  It works great with my hair.   It smooths my hair and makes it looked very shiny and finished without the high damaging heat.  I do not use it everyday. Now that I am no longer working I rarely use it at all. But, when I   do want that smooth polished look wearing my hair down, it works for me.

Valued Contributor

I have been using the perfecter for years, since it first came out and have always loved it.  I have purchased all 3 sizes.  My first one I had to threw away, not because it was defective, but beause I dropped it on the floor so many times, teeth were missing. No issues with quality control for me personally. 

However, if you are talking about screws, i think you are referring to the hair dryer product, right?