Super Contributor

to my question regarding an under eye moisturiser suggestion.  I posted and then went back the next day and it seemed like the thread had taken on a new bent.  I am glad some pposters came on and had new convos with each other.  I guess it's all good as many people got many suggestions from one another.

Must say though, I felt kind of highjacked.  I anticipate negative replies to this and so will likely go radio silent now.  It is one os the reasons I post so seldom.  Don't have a thick hide.  But I did receive so many great suggestions, so thank you.

Valued Contributor

Re: Thanks for your suggestions

Threads get "hijacked" all the time.  It happens.  One off-topic comment leads to another, and another. So what?  As long as you did get some recommendations, IMO you should try not take it personally or let it bother you.  It's all good. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Joes Mom,  yes you are right.  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@pdxlalesley 

I'm so sorry you feel this way but I know why you do Smiley Sad  Unfortunately it gets a bit snarky around here at times.  I'm not sure I replied to your question.  I haven't used under eye cream in forever since there is such a battle between experts if it's necessary or not.  But, I DO have some and I just started using it last week.  I don't have visible eye wrinkles until I smile and I have "crinklies" at the top of my cheekbones.  I'm just throwing it in the mix for a preventative (I really don't expect it to work).  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recall everyone discussing under eye creams. Maybe some posters, including myself, got some tips from others about eye creams but, it didn't go off topic. I'm sorry you feel this way.

There's no need to start a new thread just to say thank you.  

Honored Contributor

@decaf wrote:

I recall everyone discussing under eye creams. Maybe some posters, including myself, got some tips from others about eye creams but it didn't go off topic. I'm sorry you feel this way.

There's no need to start a need thread just to say thank you.  

@decaf And a backhanded "thank you" at that.  

Honored Contributor

For the most part I thought that thread was kept on track. Sometimes bringing up side-track topics can help fulfill a request for certain things which may not necessarily be directly related to but complimentary to the topic in discussion. Think of it as sort of an enriched version of an otherwise straight-on direct discussion. A little bit if diversity is what makes things interesting.

Respected Contributor

I thought the thread kept very much on track. Suggestions were asked for and posters offered what they currently use, have tried, hope to try, and how they apply it. Some responses were directed to posters other than the OP, but the information was available for everyone to read. 

To me, that's how threads should go. While one person may not find something useful or applicable to them, another may find it helpful. Once a thread is initially started by an OP it's released into the forum and it not the property of or controlled by an OP. As long as comments are in keeping with the guidelines they have some value.

Honored Contributor

I used to moderate a home remodeling/decorating forum.  Routinely an old post would surface and inevitably someone would get all bent out of shape that an old thread was replied to.  So what!  Maybe it is but it's probably going to be helpful/relevant/current for someone else.   Hopefully we're all friends here.  Friends don't have to end with the same topic they started with Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pdxlalesley wrote:

to my question regarding an under eye moisturiser suggestion.  I posted and then went back the next day and it seemed like the thread had taken on a new bent.  I am glad some pposters came on and had new convos with each other.  I guess it's all good as many people got many suggestions from one another.

Must say though, I felt kind of highjacked.  I anticipate negative replies to this and so will likely go radio silent now.  It is one os the reasons I post so seldom.  Don't have a thick hide.  But I did receive so many great suggestions, so thank you.

@pdxlalesley To come back and complain about the very people who tried to help you comes off as anything BUT appreciative.  No one hijacked your thread.  Yes, sometimes something will spur a temporary side conversation that doesn't require creating a brand new thread, but overall the original thread remained on course.  I try my best to be honest, friendly, kind, and helpful.  None of us who participated in your thread needed to be chided under the guise of a "thank you".  That's not the way to inspire anyone to be helpful toward you, or respond to your questions, in the future. JMO