Respected Contributor

@rochelleS

Thanks for the information about Oofos! I'm always in the market for comfortable shoes and wore Fit Flops a few years ago but found that they didn't hold up well. I have more alegria's than I can count and  several vionic's too. I'm going to check out Oofos right now!

Thanks! I'll update tomorrow once I receive my lip products.

Be careful if you go out of town tomorrow. My post will be here when you return!

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Esteemed Contributor

Hah! Wen and shoes...like I said "good stuff, good stuff!" @Tennessee Vol. I wear a 7 in the thong style and went up to  the 8 in the clog. Both fit perfectly If you have any questions.....

Respected Contributor

Re: Thank you rochelleS

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS

I really liked the Dark Pink thong on Zulily but they didn't have it in a 7 or 8. I could have bought a red thong in a 7 but I don't know how it would fit. I did the store locator on Oofos and found a store that carries this brand just a few miles from me... will probably go there in the next day or two. I normally wear a 7 1/2 or an 8... 

If they are as comfortable as you say, I'll gladly pay full price until I know what size I wear and can find them on sale again!

Editing to add that all but one pair of my Alegria's are boots or clogs, I only have one air of thong sandals.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tennessee Vol

Measure the length of your foot. The size chart w the sandals gives the comparable inch to size info. I wear a 7 1/2 shoe, i can go up or down 1/2 size depending... In the pink OOlala sandal the 7 is fine on me. BFF has a slightly longer foot, 7 fits her fine too. In the closed clog I went up to the 8. My feet are slightly wide but a true wide shoe, from QVC has been too wide unless mfgr/vendor indicates a narrow fit. I have that dark pink aND a neutral taupey color. I picked up the seafoam slide and the satin finish moss/olive green OOlala thong. I did see they're returnable, less shipping and maybe another charge. Very vaguely written.  But definitely returnable. 

But it's great you have a close store to visit and see for yourself. The thongs are comfortable.  No issue with the post between the toes. These are like walking on air. It'll surprise you and so so unbelievably comfy. I have Alegria and Vionic too, among other happy feet brands. Love heels but an injury curtailed those for me

Page me if you're reading this now @Tennessee Vol

Figure out your size. I've seen sales but this is the best so far on line. Maybe your local B&M store will offer seasonal ssles. Something will come up. It always does. Even signing up on OOfos' site throws a couple dollars back.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS

Received the lip kit today and tried the lip scrub about an hour after it had been delivered. It's too early to tell if I'll see results from it or the balm. I do like the texture of the balm and have applied it several times today. I intend to apply the balm at night under my eyes like Chaz said to after I've applied my regular eye cream. Since this kit contained the 319 tube or NBT I will probably apply it over my other skin care products at night as well... can't decide if I'll try it on my face yet or wait and see how it does on my neck

Now, on to the Oofos - I went to the store that carries Oofos and tried on a 7 as well as an 8. The 7 fit well looking at the front of the sandal as my toes were a good 1/2 inch away from the end. The problem was that my heel hung over maybe a 16th of an inch so the sales person and I agreed that it didn't fit right. The 8 that I tried on was actually a little big but it was a different style, one that looks more unisex. The didn't have the Oolala in an 8 so she is having another store send one for me to try. It's the black flamingo... black on the bottom with a pink thong that turns into purple. She should have it by at least Thursday. I don't know if this store is a chain or not, it's Elliotts Boots.

Later

Esteemed Contributor

@Tennessee Vol

I just got in. It's late, almost midnight. Had a lovely visit with my sister and got to see my nephew who's recently out of the army and had been stationed in Germany. He's certainly grown into a fine young man.

I'm put myself on a 30 day challenge with the lip scrub and balm. It'll at least be a regimented start to help me be consistent. Not sure if this will yield results but that's my plan for now. What do you think of the "unscented" 319?

Sounds like the associate at Elliot Boots was very accommodating. How did you like the feel of the Oofos on your feet, in spite of the not so perfect fit? Did you too find them comfy or was it hard to tell because of the fit? Hopefully the next size will work out well for you. 

I'm off to sleep. Night driving on the expressway totally exhausts me. To be continued... nighty night.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS

I'm glad you got back safely and got to visit with your nephew!

I too will try the lip scrub twice a day for a period of time, not sure I'll make it 30 days if I don't see a benefit after a few weeks... I probably will continue to use it daily though. I find myself applying lip balm several times a day and naturally before bed. 

I'm not sure what to think about the unscented 319 yet... imo the aromatherapy of the scented versions enhance the experience... I'm sure it will do a really good job too. I did apply it on my face after I applied my Retin-a and other products. I applied the balm under my eyes last night as well as this morning buy not too close to my lashes... 

The Oofos feel strange to me...the arch support was really cushioned and the heel being lower will make me walk correctly... heel to toe... I'm 99% sure I'll buy the sandals when they come in. Elliotts has some clogs that were really cute, but only in very small sizes... 5's and 6's. They were baby blue with big dots on them... really cute. 

Speaking of skin care, what do you use? I primarily use Obagi, Perricone, Retin-a and the Tatcha Rice Enzyme Powder. I've got a few Sisley-Paris products that I periodically use too.

Later

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tennessee Vol

Wow this will be my 2000th post. My chit chat is really adding up.

I'm fried today. The night drive back was grueling. In spite of having driven it 100's of times. My night vision stinks. Cataracts? In spite of talking calmly to myself in route, awoke with major spasm in my neck and shoulder. I'm in slow motion baby, sloow motion.

Yes, on the aromatherapy in the scented Wen NBT's... I like the natural, no fragrance added of the 319. Not flat or paste like that other unscented creams may have. Sis had me try a cream a co worker has made for years. Huh, nope, no comparison whatsoever. Said I've got something I'd like you to try. She was receptive. I've tried to introduce product in the past. She can be very closed minded, even with gifts. I let it go. Btw, she loved the Tropical edp on me.

Both BFF and I have commented how other shoes feel different after wearing our Oofos. Initially we commented on the cushioning difference. Now, our feet crave this cushion sole after wearing. Yes, you may have to acclimate the difference, but there's no going back for us. Most important is how you feel. I have seen some printed and floral clogs, no polka dots which must be adorable. I have the satiny finish gun metal color. At the time I would've purchased any option.

I use Perricone, Isomers, Skinn and some Paula's Choice and Dr Denese here. A little Tatcha, although a special with the enzyme powder was never fulfilled. The Q cxld my WL. I'd like to try this and periodically shows up on line at Costco but sells out really fast. I see Sisley is offered there too. All of these beauty  items, and more come directly from the manufacturer, btw. There's some great prices too.

Have some emailing to tend to. Be back later.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS

Oh my goodness! I received the 613 Dry Oil Duo and STP Mousse today. Tried the dry oil after I showered and I absolutely love everything about it! The way it smells, the way it feels on my skin and the way it makes my hair feel. I like it much better than the 613 RTM or the STP RTM. In my opinion the dry oil has more of a powdery scent than the other 613 products and you know much I love a powdery fragrance!

My hair feels much softer than when I use the RTM's. I'll probably use the RTM's on my body during the day and use the dry oil at night under the NBT.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tennessee Vol

👏👏👏 👍👍👍 👌👌👌

YAAY!!! How exciting. I can truly feel your enthusiasm.  And more goodies still to come, hee hee.

Try a spritz of rtm on your hair during the day or whenever, over the dry oil, as a little pick me up. See how that'll work for you. Lots of options to try. Many put their rtm in the fridge too, that's very refreshing.

Trying a new product line can be confounding to many. You certainly have embraced this with an enthusiastic open mind. Sounds like the plusses have been in your favor so far. I hope they'll continue. There's so many  ways to incorporate these products, it's just amazing. You'll experiment, find your favs, learn about a few more and enjoy everything along the way. There's really no wrong way to incorporate, your results and pleasure will be the driver. Double YAAY!!! for you.