Esteemed Contributor

@Tennessee Vol

Just popped in and saw your post. I have to run an errand and will reply later. See ya then...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thank you rochelleS

[ Edited ]

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@rochelleS

So far I do like the 613 but to be honest it didn't seem as moisturizing as the CC's for hair. The scent of 613 seems a little masculine to me but not overly so... I intend to use it on the nights that I don't cleanse my hair. I'll use the same fragrance head to toe  in the CC and NBT. Once I've used all the 613 body CC I'll decide if I want to repurchase.

I haven't colored my hair for a while now... I'm salt and pepper so I'm not sure if I'll see a difference in color, maybe shine. But nothing sticks out so far. I do find that my curls/waves aren't as defined, hence the following question I posed.

It's funny that you would mention the mousse. I sent an email to Chaz's Customer Service asking which styling product would enhance my curls and they recommended the mousse. They said to use it after the styling cream... so I have put it on my list of things to order when Chaz is back on tomorrow morning... I'm not staying up until 1 am!

I'm thinking about buying another 32 oz CC/16 oz NBT in either the Cherry Blossom or the Honey Lilac... now that you are getting an idea of the notes I like which do you recommend? 76.96 is such a great deal and I'm afraid that my STP's on waitlist might not ship... I'm building my Wen stash.

Pom, Lavender and PJP are the recommendations for my hair.

@Tennessee Vol

Okay, I'm back...

I think the rosemary in the 613 is what may be the "masculine" you're picking up. I happen to like it and on me it's not too dominate. I believe I'd mentioned adding a drop of lemon verbena oil or a dollop of the same scented Shea Butter to the 613 occasionally.  I just do not pick up the lemon, which I enjoy, in any of the 613 products. I appreciate your comments on the body cleanser. Wonder with repeated use if you'll notice any additional difference. Meanwhile, I'm content using the CC. Works well for me.

I too am salt and pepper. I stopped coloring as I grew my hair out to donate to the cancer kids. I've been honored to do this twice now and am on my way to number three. I've had a silver streak for ever and of course more as time passes. But I'll tell you the Wen makes my hair glow like nothing I've ever used and I've always had healthy shiny hair. POM darkens my hair too. It's the rosemary in it. This is not like coloring your hair, just subtle but noticeable change in the depth of my natural shades. Now today, I don't see as much of the tone like I did after a fresh wash. It's soooo darn hot and sticky here I'll be cleansing more frequently. I'll take notes and share. BTW,  LAV and POM are my go to classics. I'm going to increase Tea Tree too. Thyroid and some low vitamin levels are not hair friendly. I like the oils too and therapeutically use TT and POM. 

I spoke with my BFF. She used to scrunch her damp hair but now winds it around her fingers as it dries with leave in CC + styling cream and mousse applied. She gets lasting ringlets. Not knowing your hair texture could have a different result. Are you using a Terry cloth towel to dry your hair? That's a big no-no in Wenland. The fibers can adversity affect the closed hair shafts and rubbing can create frizz. I lay a towel on my head and barely blot my dripping hair and then switch and wrap a nap free towel on my head. Then air dry.  Many use a cotton tee shirt to dry their hair. @SurferWife has hair like yours. Let's see what she uses. I use styling cream + leave in CC and recently experimenting adding mousse to very wet hair. This is what Chaz has recently recommended. I saw a trio of mousse listed, not sure if it's still available but it's like a bonus with an extra being not much more than the duo. Spring and summer fragrances were offered. 

The scent of Lilac in the air is like a rite of passage in the spring in our temperate climate. That and lily of the valley and violas are sensory treats in addition to being pretty in the landscape or personal gardens. Just delightful. I really like the Lilac CC.  My cherry blossom is stored but BFF likes it  a lot and says it's delicate and feminine,  much like what Chaz states. Here's the edp notes. Maybe this will assist in a decision. OK I have to delete two duplicate quotes (thisss darn site😝)and am left with this big gap which I'm not going to tamper with and risk deleting this response. Ok, Ok.

Screenshot_2018-05-31-19-15-44-1.pngScreenshot_2018-05-31-19-33-55-1.png

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS

Just want to let you know that I have an awful migraine... came down with it last night and still have it. I've tried to read your last response but still can't seem to concentrate and keep a train of thought. Who knows what I end up ordering today at 9...

I'll respond to you friend when my migraine subsides.

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Esteemed Contributor

@Tennessee Vol

(((Hugs)))  I  hope you feel better soon luv. I know the pain. ♡♡♡

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS

You are such a kind hearted person! It touches me that you have twice donated your hair for children who lost theirs to cancer, what a blessing your generosity was to them.

Well, the scent of 613 is changing to me... i wonder if it had to acclimate for me to smell the real notes. Anyway, now it smells like Calvin Klein's Obsession. As far as the 613 body CC not feeling as moisturizing as the CC's for hair I wonder if it is more of a treatment product and I'll see benefits other than just moisture, time will tell.

I ordered the 613 Dry Oil Birthday special this morning as well as the STP mousse duo and STP styling cream trio. The styling cream in on waitlist and I could have bought the mousse trio but it was on waitlist too and I didn't want to wait even thought it is a better deal. I think it's strange the the duo is available for immediate shipment but not the trio!

I've read that we shouldn't use terry cloth towels to dry our hair, that we should use old tee shirts but to be honest, I've tried tee shirts and even bought a Deva Curl towel and didn't see a difference. My hair looked really good this morning... I cleanse at night. While still in the shower, with my hair dripping wet, I flipped my hair over so I could concentrate applying the leave-in CC on my ends and not on my scalp. With my head still flipped over I worked the CC into the ends and twisted it like I've seen Chaz do. When I got out of the shower I gentling blotted my hair with my towel so I wouldn't remove much of the CC. I didn't use the RTM because I wanted to see how my hair did applying the CC in this way.

I'm undecided about getting another 32 oz CC with NBT but I'm leaning toward the Cherry Blossom if I do. I don't care for the smell of Lilies, or at least the ones I've received in flower arrangements. I'm waiting to see if Chaz has another special of some kind tomorrow and will make my decision then.

Still have a dull headache so forgive any incomplete or unclear statements...

Thanks again, you are a blessing to me

Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl

Just a short note again. I have to run a legal errand. I'd rather have a migraine instead of dealing with this cr@p. I'll probably get one from the stress. Anyhow I'm out the door, it's getting late for Fri business. Later luv. Keep feeling better!💛💛💛

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS

We can catch up later, take care of your business and don't stress out! 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tennessee Vol I think you said you have curly hair. I do, and POM and  LAV didn't work for me......hater them actually.  My hair craves moisture though.  FIG, TT and all the summer seasonals!

Respected Contributor

@Suebdoo

Yes I have curly/wavy hair. I currently am alternating between PJP, SHP and STP... don't know which does better on my hair, I alike all three. I absolutely love the way STP smells... 

Thanks for your advice!

Trusted Contributor

I use all those too!  I love the SCLV and SMC too!  I use them year round. Isn't the STP just awesome?  I have everything in that scent.  I'm hoping that there will be some kind of set on A/D.  Like that set with the NBT and CC. The RTM , mousse and SC rock too!  My curls shine and bounce!  Hopefully there will be some ODO...like tomorrow,!