Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers...

So glad all has turned well for you.

I was beginning to wistful thoughts about spring, but not sure painted toes is going to be the way to go now.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday 

Add me to the many posters who read your post and were very concerned about you.

So glad that you heeded advice and sought treatment right away and that you're now improving!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday 

I’m glad you are doing much. This is a good reminder to be very careful getting our manicures and pedicures.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

So glad you sought help and are now feeling much better. If you are on Medicare, please remember you are able to go to a Podiatrist every 10 weeks to have your toenails taken care of professionally. I took my mom for many years when she was unable to care for her own feet. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Glad you are ok.   I won't get into the discussion of nail salons vs. podiatrists beyond saying you got good advice from the ER. 

If you do go to a nail salon in the future... even to have your nails just filed and painted,  I'd suggest you bring your own files and your own nail polishes, bases, etc.   You can't protect against all germs... on the towels, cloths, or even their hands.   But the more items that touch your skin that you can bring from home,  the less contamination there will be from other peoples germs.  To me nail polish is a breeding ground for germs.

Good luck,  hope you feel all better very soon.

Respected Contributor

I’ve been checking the boards periodically too since reading your original post and the follow-up from ECBG.  Thank you for coming back with an update. Glad to hear you are on your way to healing. 😃

Respected Contributor

So glad you went to the ER and so glad you're home and okay.  Thanks for letting us know.

Respected Contributor

I am happy you are doing better...just rest and take care of yourself!!!

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you went to the emergency room. Glad your going to be fine. God bless!

Respected Contributor

Glad to see your ok now. Infections can be bad news
Stay well and rest.☺