Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers...

I have posted a long response under ECBG question.  Thank you all for everything.  I appreciate your concerns.  I did spend about 24 hours in the emergency room and when I returned home, I slept a lot.  My strep cultures were negative but the doctor treated me for an infection with a broad-spectrum antibiotic and a shot of penicillin, diuretics and steroids.  She advised me to use a podiatrist from here on to do my pedicures and just go tot he shop for painting of both my fingernails and toenails, that any instrumentation that nicks skin could cause a recurrence and since I had been going there 10 years without any issues, it is probably just my very poor immune system that caused the problem.  But, she warned me it could recur and even be worse next time for those reasons.

Thank you all again, very, very much.  I love you Forum ladies.

Honored Contributor

Re: Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers...

@Nonametoday   I'm so glad the you are okay. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Thank you so much for letting us all know. As you can see by the resposes we all were very concerned.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday -

I'm so glad you are okay to and thank you for taking the time to let us all knowSmiley Happy

That was scary and now you get a lovely nap!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday  I am so glad that you saw a doctor and are doing better.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday   Thank you for getting back and posting your status.  I am happy you are doing better.

Now rest up until you are fully healed.  That was quite an ordeal, hopefully never repeated.

Honored Contributor

I think this proves that no matter where you post on this board you will get help. So happy this worked out.

Honored Contributor

Glad to hear that you took care of your foot. Wow! 24 hours in the Emergency Room. It is amazing how the human body works. It gives you warnings that something is not right. And makes sure you notice the warnings.

Hope the antibiotics take care of the infection. And glad you got alot of rest. Please take care. And thank you for taking care of the infection.

Esteemed Contributor

Have been checking periodically for an update from you, so happy to have seen this update from you and so happy to know you listened to the advice here and went to the ER for treatment.

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday  I responded to your post on my ingrown toenail thread and asked how you were doing but now that I've read your update, you don't need to respond there.

I'm glad you're doing better!