Honored Contributor
On 2/27/2014 Irishrose136 said:

susyQ, do you use their Multi-Active Matrixyl 25 percent serum with retinol or in place of retinol?

I use both. I use the former twice a day. In the morning I use the C serum first, let it soak in, and then use the Matrixyl. At night, I use the Matrixyl first, wait a few minutes, and then use my PC Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol serum.

NCN advised me to do it this way.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Occasional Contributor
On 2/27/2014 suzyQ3 said:

susyQ, do you use their Multi-Active Matrixyl 25 percent serum with retinol or in place of retinol?

I use both. I use the former twice a day. In the morning I use the C serum first, let it soak in, and then use the Matrixyl. At night, I use the Matrixyl first, wait a few minutes, and then use my PC Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol serum.

Hi Everyone!

Just had to ask a few questions as I too love PC Products! My skin is combo and was wondering would the Dr. Denese firming pads, sunscreen and hydrashield be a good addition to the PC resist retinol serum, BHA foam, I love, vitamin C serum, PC toner.

Or am I just on over load and those products (Dr. Denese) not needed. Thanks for all your guidance, have a great night!

Respected Contributor
On 2/27/2014 Natural Blonde said:

Hi Everyone!

Just had to ask a few questions as I too love PC Products! My skin is combo and was wondering would the Dr. Denese firming pads, sunscreen and hydrashield be a good addition to the PC resist retinol serum, BHA foam, I love, vitamin C serum, PC toner.

Or am I just on over load and those products (Dr. Denese) not needed. Thanks for all your guidance, have a great night!

Sounds like you could be on the verge of overload with the exception of the Hydrosheild addition. Are you using an SPF now?
Super Contributor

Natural, I've never tried DD but my understanding from reading posts here is that her line works well with normal to dry or extra dry skin. I have combo/oily skin and purposely avoided her line for that reason.

If you don't have a sunscreen yet, PC has a moisturizer with spf 30 meant for combo/oily skin. It has the slightest tint so it doesn't go on white.

Edited to add:

I've been following Paula's suggestion for a skin care routine:

1. Cleanse 2. Tone-You have 3. Exfoliate-4% Foam 4. Treatments: Vit C, Retinol

5. Moisturizer with sunscreen-Paula has that

Do you want to accomplish anything else? Or will the above meet your needs? What I learned from reading her site is that less is more - we don't need a multitude of $$$ serums and creams. HTH Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

Natural, I've never tried DD but my understanding from reading posts here is that her line works well with normal to dry or extra dry skin. I have combo/oily skin and purposely avoided her line for that reason.

If you don't have a sunscreen yet, PC has a moisturizer with spf 30 meant for combo/oily skin. It has the slightest tint so it doesn't go on white.

Edited to add:

I've been following Paula's suggestion for a skin care routine:

1. Cleanse 2. Tone-You have 3. Exfoliate-4% Foam 4. Treatments: Vit C, Retinol

5. Moisturizer with sunscreen-Paula has that

Do you want to accomplish anything else? Or will the above meet your needs? What I learned from reading her site is that less is more - we don't need a multitude of $$$ serums and creams. HTH Smiley Happy

I think you are so right on! I did notice some blackheads around the nose that were never there before! I am taking your advice and going to stay with what I have and a PC sunscreen.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I sure appreciate it as I can get carried away with serums, etc...

Occasional Contributor
On 2/27/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 2/27/2014 Natural Blonde said:

Hi Everyone!

Sounds like you could be on the verge of overload with the exception of the Hydrosheild addition. Are you using an SPF now?

Yes, I am using a SPF, but your right I am going to step back and deduct a couple of products. Thank you for taking the time to reply, its appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Those with oily skln, her Shine Stopper Mattifying Cream is very effective used in the T zone under makeup.

Valued Contributor
On 2/26/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 2/26/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 2/26/2014 laurelei said:

I started using PC products about 2 years ago based on recommendations on this board. I am so happy I did! My favorites are the Resist Retinol serum, Resist Ultralight antioxidant serum which I use in the morning and the Vitamin C serum. Her Vit C serum isn't mentioned as much on this board as Mad Hippie or NCN and I haven't tried those, but I got such good results from the PC serum, I don't want to switch. I am 57 with oily/combo skin and I love that she recommends products based on skin type, not age. Customer service is great and shipping is fast. I usually get my products within 3 days of ordering.

I am waiting for the 4% BHA foam, too, and there is going to be an all-matte nude eyeshadow palette coming out in the spring that looks really nice. You can see it on YouTube if you're interested.

Have fun with your new products!

There is no reason for you to switch if you are happy with what you are using! I think her vitamin C serum seems like it has some nice ingredients and if I was not happy with my current vitamin C serum (happens to be the NCN), I would be looking at hers as a possible one to try, although I'd have to get rid of that dropper and use a pump, regardless of how "safe" she says it is to use her special dropper, I just wouldn't want to take the risk. I was curious- is the bottle clear?

Hi, HD. Laurelei would be better able to tell you whether it's clear or what color it is, but here is what the company states:

Can you tell me more about the RESIST C15 packaging, i.e. “packaged to minimize light and air expos...

Absolutely—a great deal of thought went into the packaging for this product! Because RESIST C15 is a water-light liquid, a bottle and dropper-tip applicator were the only way to go for measuring the perfect amount per use while ensuring the product wasn’t messy to dispense. To protect the potency of the formula, tinted glass prevents UV exposure and an internal restrictor (when you pull the dropper out, airflow into the bottle is drastically reduced). In rigorous testing, these packaging safeguards were more than adequate to preserve the effectiveness of the RESIST C15 Super Booster! For maximum potency, we advise using C15 Super Booster within three months of opening.

Hi Ladies. Sorry I didn't respond to any of your posts. It seems I had that weird thing going on with my posts not showing up for awhile. I couldn't even see this thread for a day or so! I thought maybe it got poofed, but now I see it.

SuzyQ, the description you posted from the PC site describes it well. I'm not sure how the restrictor works, but I use up the bottle within the three months and haven't had any issues with it losing potency. The bottle is orange glass and I also keep it in a dark cabinet. In the summer (if we ever get one, LOL), I think I'll keep it in the fridge to be sure it maintains full strength.

BTW, I just ordered the matte nudes eyeshadow palette. It's on Paula's website now and I'm really excited about trying it. I don't have any matte shadows and the range of colors looks really beautiful.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Honored Contributor
On 2/28/2014 laurelei said:

I started using PC products about 2 years ago based on recommendations on this board. I am so happy I did! My favorites are the Resist Retinol serum, Resist Ultralight antioxidant serum which I use in the morning and the Vitamin C serum. Her Vit C serum isn't mentioned as much on this board as Mad Hippie or NCN and I haven't tried those, but I got such good results from the PC serum, I don't want to switch. I am 57 with oily/combo skin and I love that she recommends products based on skin type, not age. Customer service is great and shipping is fast. I usually get my products within 3 days of ordering.

I am waiting for the 4% BHA foam, too, and there is going to be an all-matte nude eyeshadow palette coming out in the spring that looks really nice. You can see it on YouTube if you're interested.

There is no reason for you to switch if you are happy with what you are using! I think her vitamin C serum seems like it has some nice ingredients and if I was not happy with my current vitamin C serum (happens to be the NCN), I would be looking at hers as a possible one to try, although I'd have to get rid of that dropper and use a pump, regardless of how "safe" she says it is to use her special dropper, I just wouldn't want to take the risk. I was curious- is the bottle clear?

Hi, HD. Laurelei would be better able to tell you whether it's clear or what color it is, but here is what the company states:

Can you tell me more about the RESIST C15 packaging, i.e. “packaged to minimize light and air expos...

Absolutely—a great deal of thought went into the packaging for this product! Because RESIST C15 is a water-light liquid, a bottle and dropper-tip applicator were the only way to go for measuring the perfect amount per use while ensuring the product wasn’t messy to dispense. To protect the potency of the formula, tinted glass prevents UV exposure and an internal restrictor (when you pull the dropper out, airflow into the bottle is drastically reduced). In rigorous testing, these packaging safeguards were more than adequate to preserve the effectiveness of the RESIST C15 Super Booster! For maximum potency, we advise using C15 Super Booster within three months of opening.

Hi Ladies. Sorry I didn't respond to any of your posts. It seems I had that weird thing going on with my posts not showing up for awhile. I couldn't even see this thread for a day or so! I thought maybe it got poofed, but now I see it.

SuzyQ, the description you posted from the PC site describes it well. I'm not sure how the restrictor works, but I use up the bottle within the three months and haven't had any issues with it losing potency. The bottle is orange glass and I also keep it in a dark cabinet. In the summer (if we ever get one, LOL), I think I'll keep it in the fridge to be sure it maintains full strength.

BTW, I just ordered the matte nudes eyeshadow palette. It's on Paula's website now and I'm really excited about trying it. I don't have any matte shadows and the range of colors looks really beautiful.

Ooooh thanks for letting me know that the matte palette is available!!! I've been wanting this.

Valued Contributor
On 2/28/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 2/28/2014 laurelei said:

Ooooh thanks for letting me know that the matte palette is available!!! I've been wanting this.

HappyDaze, let me know if you get it and we'll compare notes!