Occasional Contributor

Thank you QVC.... You are saving me a fortune!

With the demise of Beauty IQ, the elimination of all things beauty that aren't Josie Maran or IT and your takeover of HSN, quashing their beauty bounty as well - you are saving me so much money!  I just saw something about an on-line presentation and a whole bunch of new beauty that will be shown and I thought, Hm, if you had presented all that to me I probably would have had to buy a bunch.  Now, I can ponder, maybe go to Ulta and try before I buy.  So as infuriating and heartbreaking as it was, I have to say my bank account is increasing and my end of the weekend hangovers are gone.  So you just keep up with the pots and pans and candles and tech and security and oh yes, let's not forget - poo-pouri.  Five channels of snooze - I'll finally be able to recover from my long-term QVC addiction!

Honored Contributor

Re: Thank you QVC.... You are saving me a fortune!

I feel like OP when I see that the TSV is an item like today (expensive diamonds).  At 72 (and since my husband died) I no longer buy expensive jewelry.  My family has very different taste from me, so why waste money buying diamonds, etc.

I also no longer cook, so I might send my girls a few gadgets, etc from those shows but none for me.

I totally understand what the OP is saying.  I think we all (here on the forum) have our favorites and achilles heels on what we buy.  

Most of us have been QVC 'buyers' for a long time.  We either already have it (since it's so freaking repetitive) or we have specifics we prefer, we know if our money is going out the door or save at home on that particular day.

To the OP:  Thanks for a good post.  Enjoyed it.

Valued Contributor

I will also add...the lengthy time it takes for items to ship, and arrive at my door has become a big deterrent to me ordering .  

Honored Contributor

@barb40 wrote:

I will also add...the lengthy time it takes for items to ship, and arrive at my door has become a big deterrent to me ordering .  

You are so right, I ordered some jeans from Macy’s ?Sunday and had them on Wednesday. I don’twant to wait forever for my items.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Qvc is like the titanic. Iceberg, right ahead!

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered quite a few items from the Q the last 3 months - and I'm still trying to figure out QVC's New Math on my Discover Card. I returned several items as well - so it's difficult for me to figure out the actual amount of my purchases and the actual amount of my credits. I did find one mistake where I returned 4 D&C tops for $120. and QVC forgot to credit me. I still have a large purchase on my statement and I have no idea what I bought.

Done and Done.

Honored Contributor

@lisagrace  You surely said that correctly.  Except for one thing -- shipping that takes forever.  Shipping out in 7 days and then another 5 or 7 days to receive plus they have the nerve to charge for shipping.  I think the Q needs to hire consultants to get their act together.  Did they actually think adding more channels would make a big difference?  They had to hire a bunch of new staff to cover the new channels.  Good grief.  Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@barb40  The is the first time I have seriously considered to stop shopping at the Q because of the shipping issues.  I have complained in the past but for some reason the shipping is getting worse.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse  Now that made me laugh.  Iceberg straight ahead.  lol

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Great thread! I now seldom buy because of all the repeat shows. SLOW shipping. Saving my money.😄