Honored Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

I hope she didn’t pay too much for that wig......but then again she can afford it. 

@wakefield64, see Post #54. She's not wearing a wig.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Hanoi Jane... no thanks. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Thank you, Jane Fonda

[ Edited ]

It sort of ruffles my feathers every time someone is complimented for their looks....then people chime in about plastic surgery and being rich.    Can people just look good no matter what.  There are many 80 year olds who have had plastic surgery and look like doo doo.  There is still a lot of maintainance For someone who looks as good as Jane Gonda, Helen Moran, Judi Dench, Meryl , and the lot.  Like going to the gym, doing yoga, eating right.  And don't give me the crud about they are so rich they have gyms in the home.  Okay, how many of us have or have had every piece of equipment known to man and still not used it, or exercise?  It still takes will power and grit to do it when you would rather be doing something else. You cannot get plastic surgery to stay firm. 

celebrities are under constant and brutal criticism.  Maybe that's what forces many celebrities to do more.  I think women get jealous and make excuses for themselves by always deriding other women for their looks.  Plastic surgery is not a perk of the rich.  Women go and get loans , save, etc do plastic surgery.  And by the way fillers and Botox are concidered cosmetic surgery.   More of those with modest income get plastic surgery of all kinds than celebrities or the rich.  Good grief they go to South America, Mexico risk their lives to do some things.   Tummy tucks, lipo, mini lifts, eye lifts.  There is nothing wrong with it.  Except I feel women should feel inside that they would look good and feel good without it too.  It's no crime to stay the God made you either. It's personal.  And I would hope women would have the wisdom to know when to stop. Research research and more research. Saving money is not an option when your life is at risk!,,  

concerning Jane Fonda and her academy appearance.  She spent hours preparing herself.  Why. Because she care, but mostly because she knew what people would think.  I am 72 and due to illness my hair is thinning.  You can bet if I had to appear in front of people like she does I d be sporting a wig, hairpiece, extensions.  I myself had a mini lift when I was in my 50's.  Since then I get fillers now and then. But if I had to appear like her you bet I also would have bondo smeared on my face.  With Vaseline smeared on every camera .  Most women who have been in front of cameras all their life know how to do their own make up best.  But are either nervous or too preoccupied to do it for a big event.  

so, wig, plastic surgery or not. Gotta give credit where credit is due.  She has maintained a decent figure, takes care of herself and exercises with power walks everyday.  She suffers from arthritis like many of us. So it ain't easy.  Body, mind and spirit.  
just sayin

Honored Contributor

@Carmie   The color of hair on this model is stunning!  It defies description....gray, ash, brown, blonde...it's all there.  I don't look at that model and think, "she has grey hair".  It looks so natural and appropriate for her coloring.

Do you know if this color can be purchased.  My guess is it would require an expect colorist to work this magic.

@Carmie wrote:

@riley1   The shade of gray was not flattering with her skin tone.  Doesn't matter if it was a wig or her natural hair.  

She should have a warm gray color like the model below.  It would have looked so much better.

0BE3F405-F503-4086-8FAB-21E8D529A61E.jpeg

Honored Contributor

She does win the award for best plastic surgery in a woman of advanced age. Implants in an 82 year old are a marvel of medicine. 

Respected Contributor

@Drlinda wrote:

Married to a veteran. Can't stand Jane Fonda no matter how she looks.

ITA!   Can't stand Hanoi Jane and won't watch anything she's in.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tangocash 

@Tangocash wrote:

I love her, no matter what anyone says! I think I still have her tapes from a very long time ago!

Me too.  Today and three times a week I do her a three dance ones about 45 minutes in length.  She is in her 70,s in this one, but years ago I did her other ones in 80 or 90,S

Esteemed Contributor

@January121 

@January121 wrote:

She looked beautiful & doesn’t look her age (82) 🥰

Great plastic surgeon.

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd 

I agree that this hair color is stunning.  I almost think I could pull it off.  Model appears to have light olive skin (as do I). 

At the moment, I'm still coloring, but some day, I'd like to let it go!

However, to achieve this color would likely require a magician!

Respected Contributor

I saw her years and years ago walking along Telegraph Avenue in Berkeley. No "crew" or bodyguards just Jane shopping. She was buying from street vendors and looking GREAT and acting sweet and friendly. Still does.