Honored Contributor

@riley1   The shade of gray was not flattering with her skin tone.  Doesn't matter if it was a wig or her natural hair.  

She should have a warm gray color like the model below.  It would have looked so much better.

0BE3F405-F503-4086-8FAB-21E8D529A61E.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I CANNOT ABIDE ANYTHING ABOUT HER. 

and that's being kind.

Esteemed Contributor

Jane looked like the Hollywood legend she is!! That being said I think she's overdoing the plastic surgery.Jane is sending a message that you can only grow old gracefully if you hold on to your youth.

Regular Contributor

Re: Thank you, Jane Fonda

[ Edited ]

@riley1 wrote:

@Carmie - she was wearing a wig so that may be why it looked off to you. 

It's not a wig though.

Glamour article "Jane Fonda Wanted Gray Hair to ‘Surprise Everyone’ at the Oscars" talks about her stylist

and his instagram detailed info & a pic with her finished cut & color.

”@jackmartincolorist   I had the honor and the pleasure to transform the legendary actress @janefonda hair specially for the 2020 Oscar...

...Formula: Jane had about 3 inches of her salt and pepper natural roots and the rest was a little tired warm golden blonde, her goal color was a silver icy blonde to surprise everyone at the 2020 Oscar presenting the final award winner for the movie of the year.

I started the 7 hours process by giving miss Fonda a platinum card, by bleaching all her hair back to back by taking very thin sections in foils using @oligopro extra blonde with 20 vol and olaplex on the virgin hair and 10 vol with @olaplex on previously colored hair.

Once I reached very pale blonde level 11
After 3 hours processing rinsed hair and did olaplex number 2 for 20 minutes, rinsed hair then prtone hair to cancel all the yellowish hue in the hair and prepare a solid white canvas by using @redken shade eq 1/2 oz 9B + 1/2 oz 10vv mixed with 3 once of clear (00) and double the total amount of processing solution for about 10 minutes, rinsed hair, towel dried and apply the final toner by @wellahairusa blondor 1/2 pale silver + 1/2 pale platinum mixed with 6 vol developer for 30 minutes, shampooed, conditioned.

Hair felt amazingly healthy and Jane was extremely happy for getting her dream hair that took her a while to find a colorist that can do it perfectly in a very painless process. “

https://www.instagram.com/jackmartincolorist/?hl=en

IMG_0006.JPG

Honored Contributor

She looks beautiful. I don't have unlimited funds to keep myself looking so nice as I age, but it does help to have both $$ and the desire to make your best effort 

Honored Contributor

I didn't read all the posts so I do know if this was mentioned, but I read she has worn that dress before. She said she won't shop for dresses again.

Respected Contributor

I hope she didn’t pay too much for that wig......but then again she can afford it. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I didn't read all the posts so I do know if this was mentioned, but I read she has worn that dress before. She said she won't shop for dresses again.

She did wear the dress before and she still looks great in it.  Her body hasn't changed.

i do think Jane looks her age up close. Plastic surgery only can do so much.  

1. 27ACC176-5F3B-4711-BF3C-3AF5DF8BBE19.jpeg
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@PickyCindy wrote:

I loved her in Frankie and Grace on Netflix.  She was Grace and Lily Tomlin was Frankie.  Great comedy movie.

@PickyCindy, we have just started watching it. BTW, it's not a movie but a series. Fonda and Tomlin are outstanding.

Okay, we have changed our minds. We watched one more episode and decided that it was not for us. It's too full of annoying stereotypes and cliched writing.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Pruett  I just read that too.  It's her own hair. Thanks for sharing.  She always did have thick hair.

kindness is strength