Respected Contributor

Thank You Philosophy

[ Edited ]

Today I went to Ulta and got a few new IT eyeshadow threesomes and two liners.  I thought about getting the free tote with the fragrance purchase but I realized after trying some ot the parfumes, they were super heavy and I had a hard time not smelling them all the way home.

I know some do not like the staying power of the Philosophy fragrances, but I sometimes wonder if others can still smell it long after I can not.  I so much prefer to enjoy it for a bit than to have it follow me to the point of being overpowering.

Philosophys sents are so nice and calming and not in your face.  Love them.

Deb

Esteemed Contributor

Love!  My latest is lemon custard.  I cannot get enough.💋💋💋

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

I love the philosophy scents as well.

There is no staying power though.  Even the last super size tsv that I got, the vanilla fig, the spritz is a dud.  No smell.

I am sticking with my tried and true bbw scents from now on.

Honored Contributor

I love the lemon custard body lotion.  I know the women from Philosophy push fresh cream but there is nothing special about it.  Amazing Grace and Pure Grace are still very nice.  I do not buy Philosophy perfumes or colognes.  I prefer their body lotions/creams.  Their body washes are also nice.    Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Thank You Philosophy

[ Edited ]

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

Today I went to Ulta and got a few new IT eyeshadow threesomes and two liners.  I thought about getting the free tote with the fragrance purchase but I realized after trying some ot the parfumes, they were super heavy and I had a hard time not smelling them all the way home.

I know some do not like the staying power of the Philosophy fragrances, but I sometimes wonder if others can still smell it long after I can not.  I so much prefer to enjoy it for a bit than to have it follow me to the point of being overpowering.

Philosophys sents are so nice and calming and not in your face.  Love them.

Deb

I think this MUST be true because I can smell a person who is wearing Amazing Grace from a mile away. I am sure wearers get used to the scent and think it has faded and must be applying more. I actually really cannot stand the AG scent at all as I think it is VERY strong and definitely in your face- or perhaps wearers just use too much?

With that said, I think the pure grace and the one summer one is very nice. I actually don't know if they make the summer one anymore- this was years ago. All the other original scents I don't like at all. I haven't smelled any of the newer ones over the years. 

Honored Contributor

I love philosophy too.  I mainly use amazing grace.  I put a couple spritz on in the morning and can smell it now and then during the day.  There are a couple ladies at work that you can smell their fragrance before you get near them.  That's not for me.

Respected Contributor

I too love Philosophy scents: theirs is the only scent I will wear. I find almost everything else strong and offensive. In fact, those heavy perfumes keep me from stepping foot into department store cosmetic counters!

I adore Grace....When I was in the hospital-in CCU- a number of the nurses wore the Philosophy scents, and the nursing supervisors had no beef with it because the scents smell so clean and are not offensive. 

I didn't smell it when a nurse walked into my room: I smelled it when she came close to change an IV bag or examine me. They were amazed that I knew what they were wearing-and in shock to discover QVC sold it-among other things! I think I brought QVC a couple of new customers....

When I was able to abandon my hospital gown and put on my Carol Hochman, they went crazy...

Poodlepet2