Honored Contributor

Re: Testing cosmetics on animals

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

There are people that get paid to try different products but by their choice.

This subject has been hashed over so many times and it always ends up in a huge fight.

Umm, yes, some subjects do end up that way. Umm, some people enjoy that. Smiley Wink

I guess I think of the Beauty forum as a respite from all that kind of activity. I hope it doesn't devolve too much in that direction.

@suzyQ3 Might be better in "Pet Lovers".

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

There are people that get paid to try different products but by their choice.

This subject has been hashed over so many times and it always ends up in a huge fight.

Umm, yes, some subjects do end up that way. Umm, some people enjoy that. Smiley Wink

I guess I think of the Beauty forum as a respite from all that kind of activity. I hope it doesn't devolve too much in that direction.

@suzyQ3 Might be better in "Pet Lovers".

Not really since it is in regards to cosmetics and beauty products. I'm not sure why it bothers some that we discuss it since it is important to some of us and we like to keep each other apprised of any cruelty-free status  changes to cosmetic companies.

It is just like any other topic- if it is something you aren't interested in , just pass on  by it.  Easy peasy.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

This doesn't have anything to do with cosmetics, but I used to work at a facility where they used baboons to do cholesterol research (why I worked there is another story)...I was so horrified and sickened with what I saw that I left that job after a few weeks. Since that point in my life I have taken a vow to never support any animal testing. 

@SilleeMee do you mean regarding cosmetics, beauty products and household items or EVERYTHING, including medications. All medications you and family members get from your doctor are tested on animals to this very day. I don't know of any Rx that isn't continuously tested on animals, usually primates, pigs and mice. Some Rx are actually made from animals as well, like CHO cells.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze You are rightWoman Very Happy

There are so many threads about this subject that so many posters say hateful and rude comments. I just wish that people could discuss this situation without getting mad.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze You are rightWoman Very Happy

There are so many threads about this subject that so many posters say hateful and rude comments. I just wish that people could discuss this situation without getting mad.

I agree @Sister Golden Hair. I wish that about alot of topics. It always amazes me how threads can quickly degrade, especially since we are all supposedly adults. Smiley Says No Smiley Face, Emoticon

Honored Contributor

It's a worthy topic. That wasn't the point I was trying to make in my last post. It was probably too subtle, and that's just as well. 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I got what you were getting at @suzyQ3Woman Wink

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

This doesn't have anything to do with cosmetics, but I used to work at a facility where they used baboons to do cholesterol research (why I worked there is another story)...I was so horrified and sickened with what I saw that I left that job after a few weeks. Since that point in my life I have taken a vow to never support any animal testing. 

@SilleeMee do you mean regarding cosmetics, beauty products and household items or EVERYTHING, including medications. All medications you and family members get from your doctor are tested on animals to this very day. I don't know of any Rx that isn't continuously tested on animals, usually primates, pigs and mice. Some Rx are actually made from animals as well, like CHO cells.

@HappyDaze,

Yes, I meant to say just regarding the cosmetic industry. That place I worked at did medical research for cholesterol studies.