New Contributor

Test Driving Foundations:Oily Skin and HUMID weather

My first Discussion post! Yea me!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I've read many of the discussions on foundations, but want to throw this question out to the board.

I live in Texas, very humid here in the summer. I have VERY oily skin and my foundation slides off my face by 1:00. I've been looking at the following new Clinique Matte, Laura Mercier for oily skin (liquid) and Bobbi Brown Natural Finish. I have tried samples of all three, but have problems with each. Clinique doesn't offer the right color in that formula, Laura Mercier doesn't stay on my face and Bobbi Brown doesn't offer enough coverage (I know it's build able, but just not sold on it).

I use Paula's Choice Shine Stopper and Laura Geller Spakle. Even when I use my Paula's Choice Mattifying mositurizer with SPF instead of the spakle, it still slides. I know there is the right combo of prep products and foundation. Oh, and I top it all off with loose powder from Clinique.

So, my question is to oily skinned ladies that suffocate through hot and humid summers....What do you use? I'm exhausted from trying to figure this out.

Respected Contributor

Re: Test Driving Foundations:Oily Skin and HUMID weather

I just posted under another post saying a friend just saw an ad on TV for cover girl luminous foundation which said it is just for weather like this.

I don't know but will look into it. Right now mine runs off my face.

I can't wear powder anything so has to be a liquid for me and I don't want anything heavy on my face in weather like this that's for sure.

I sure hope some can offer some suggestions.

Honored Contributor

I am really enjoying Misscha(sp), it is a liquid but I think its a CC CReam, but has great coverage and it is really working for my oily/combo skin this summer! A little goes a very long way with this CC Cream, it has very good coverage! I think it may be Missha. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, Missy.  I live in Texas too and have very oily skin so understand your problem.  I am really liking Rimmel's Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation.  I put IT's new SPF 50+ CC foundation powder compact on top for more oil control and the SPF.  I always think some type of powder, whether pressed or loose, on top of a liquid foundation helps it control oil and last longer.  I tried Paula's Choice Shine Stopper but it just didn't work for me.  Also tried Laura Geller's spackle but it definitely made my face oilier.  I sometimes use a primer on my nose, but really with the Stay Matte foundation that's not necessary.   

Trusted Contributor

I have a very oily t-zone and am a big fan of Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation.  It is full coverage though, not sure if you're looking for that.  They have a wide range of colors and you can get generous samples at any Estee Lauder counter.  There is also a light version which isn't as full coverage, however, the color choices are pretty limited.

It's been terribly hot and humid in MA recently and my foundation stays on as well as it does in the cooler weather.  I use a light dusting of IT Bye Bye Pores loose powder on top.

I find that most primers make me oiler, even the ones that say they're oil controlling. Spackle seems like it's rather heavy (never used it, LG products make me break out).

A couple of products that I use that don't make me oiler are Clinique gel formula moisturizer and Dr. Dennis Gross Clarifying Collodial Sulfer Mask (used as a primer on oily areas).  You might be able to get samples of both from Sephora.

I feel your pain, it's really tough finding the right combination of products.  The good news is that it does seem to be true that oiler skin doesn't wrinkle as quickly as dry skin Smiley Happy  Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

I just recommended two foundations for hot, humid weather on another thread.

1.  Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation.  Only $5, and it stays put.

2.  Lorac POREfection Foundation.  $36.  Great coverage that doesn't look heavy.

HTH!

Paws and enjoy life.
Trusted Contributor

I'm oily all year round - but yes, EXTREMELY oily in the humid summer months and I swear by Perricone's No Foundation Foundation Serum.  Not only does it not melt or get oily, it controls the oil as well.  Not sure how much coverage you're looking for but this one is a standout -pricey though.  I don't know how it works but without ANY texture it makes your skin just beautiful.  

Honored Contributor

Laura Mercier has a fairly new foundation for oily skin that is wonderful. Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide and offers many, many shades.  You can try it out at Nordstrom or Sephora and read about it on LM's website.  It doesn't look like you are wearing foundation yet there is coverage.  Good luck and welcome. Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I never wear foundation during the summer months. Just lotion and bronzer. It would melt off anyway.

"Pure Michigan"
Regular Contributor

I am oily and live in Texas and I am wearing It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation. It is holding up well against both my oil and the humidity.