Super Contributor

Terrible Customer Service ... and why my purchases at the Q are way down

I hang out in the Beauty Group so I thought I would post here ....

I bought 2 cell phone Bags ... the shipping charges were $5.72.

I bit the bullet and made the purchase.

I received an e-mail that the item shipped US MAIL. Very unacceptable.

I immediately called customer service and they claimed there was nothing they could do. I just received the e-mail it shipped and today is a holiday so there certainly was no US Mail pick up.

For the price of the shipping charges this item should have come UPS.

My items that are shipped US Mail take several extra days and often arrive in terrible condition.

This is just one of the reasons I have taken a large majority of my purchases elsewhere. Shipping charges are too high, then find out they are shipped US Mail and customer service is non-existent.

Honored Contributor

Re: Terrible Customer Service ... and why my purchases at the Q are way down

On the other hand, I had something arrive at UPS in my town yesterday and isn't supposed to be delivered until Monday. That makes no sense to me. This isn't an order from QVC though.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

With the exception of items that state "free S&H", I've always been able to choose the method of shipping I prefer. If you didn't select "UPS Ground", how is that QVC's fault?

Once the item has shipped, the QVC rep was right - there was nothing they could do. The item was already on its way to you. (And just because today is a holiday doesn't mean your package won't still be in transit. It just means it won't be delivered to you!)

I sometimes choose USPS because they deliver on Saturday. Other times I want to be able to track the item, so I go with UPS Ground.

The choice was yours. Blaming QVC makes no sense whatsoever. (As to how much the S&H was, you knew that before you ordered. I always factor that into the price I pay. There are many other places to shop online and in B&M stores. Those might be a better choice for you in the future.)

Honored Contributor

I hate it when people say or type this but....well, I've only received excellent service from Customer Service.

I've griped and complained about everything (always with I thought good reason).

I recently purchased (like every year) those Mrs. Prindables apples. Well when I went to give them out my family commented "Those caramel apples are poison". No one wanted to eat them.

I called Customer Service and they just refunded my money. No problem. Otherwise I'd have just lost my money.

There have been a lot of things where I've called them. They've almost (there was a snippy one or two but even they took care of the problem) take care of all of my 'issues'.

I realize I can be a pain in the neck. I buy many, many things from QVC. I don't think that's why they are so courteous. I think they just hire people who are good at working with the public.

I do know though that it stinks when you have an issues and people are like, "Oh! Not me!" So I do apologize.

There are always a few rotten apples. I think should should give them another chance with another person. I've had to do that before too. You might try that.

Valued Contributor

On 1/1/2015 free-spirit said:

I hang out in the Beauty Group so I thought I would post here ....

I bought 2 cell phone Bags ... the shipping charges were $5.72.

I bit the bullet and made the purchase.

I received an e-mail that the item shipped US MAIL. Very unacceptable.

I immediately called customer service and they claimed there was nothing they could do. I just received the e-mail it shipped and today is a holiday so there certainly was no US Mail pick up.

For the price of the shipping charges this item should have come UPS.

My items that are shipped US Mail take several extra days and often arrive in terrible condition.

This is just one of the reasons I have taken a large majority of my purchases elsewhere. Shipping charges are too high, then find out they are shipped US Mail and customer service is non-existent.

Honestly, I don't know what you are complaining about. I get many items US Mail and they never arrive in terrible condition. I get more packages from UPS in worse condition..and you can track any item that was sent by US MAIL...I do it all the time...and once it's shipped what did you want CS to do? They don't ship things,they can only go by what is on their computers..If it said in Process..then maybe they could've done something.

Respected Contributor

Sorry, I love Q customer service also...In face they have done a few extra's lately that they really didn't have too...Maybe you just had a bad experience, but they really do a nice job compared to other places I have ordered from lately...

Honored Contributor

I also have to praise Q's Customer Service. Only once have I felt a "Harumph" attitude from a Customer Service Rep and that was last year when I spent $70 on a Ham that was all bone and fat, and I had to go to the grocery store to buy another Ham (under $15 and 2 1/2 times the amount of meat, small bone, little fat because the $70 Ham would not feed the company I was expecting). But she refunded my money. I rarely send things back and I don't complain unless there's a good reason to. I've shopped with QVC since pretty much the beginning.

I also sell on eBay and use USPS to send my items through the mail. I get a small price break of roughly 10% off my total purchase for a label. I always try to use Priority so the item arrives in 3 days (4 at the most) and they've arrived successfully, no problems AND in excellent condition. Also, even though the public does not get a Sunday delivery, those behind the scenes are often working overtime on Sundays. I would rather not use UPS because it's more expensive (for me) and the items have a reputation of arriving in pretty awful condition. Maybe it's a regional thing.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

I agree with others customer service is excellent and they have solved all my problems. I can't understand why you're complaining, also they ship different items different ways. I Also believe that there is a weight issue on the way it's shipped.
Honored Contributor

You can always choose to have it shipped UPS instead of US mail. I don't see anything wrong with shipping US mail. For me, sometimes that is faster as when they ship UPS, they usually then turn it over to USPS for the final journey and THAT takes forever. So I'd rather it go straight USPS.

But if you don't want to pay the high shipping costs via snail mail, your best bet is to not shop QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, shipping is high and I am one who wishes they would use some sort of shopping cart with combined purchases. Not likely this will happen. However the customer service for me has been wonderful, helpful, kind, and as good as any I have come across.