Super Contributor

Terressentials Pure Earth Hair Wash

Hi, everyone!

I'm looking into trying Terressentials' Pure Earth Hair Wash, but the whole process seems a little daunting. I currently use WEN, and can't find anything that works as well for my thick, curly hair, but I'm trying to transition everything in my beauty routine to organic and/or natural products.

Who's tried this hair wash? What was your experience? Have you done the body wash and water/vinegar rinse treatment they recommend along with it? Any opinions/shared stories are appreciated. Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Terressentials Pure Earth Hair Wash

I have not tried it nor have I heard of it but the only formula that I'd be able to use is the fragrance free one. It is very interesting- minimal ingredients- but I'm not sure it really has anything in it that would provide a decent amount of moisture to hair that tends to be on the drier side, like mine.

If you try it, I'd love to hear your reivew.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply, @HappyDaze. I thought it sounded interesting, too. The first ingredient is organic aloe vera juice (from concentrate), which is a moisturizing ingredient; other than that, I can't say how moisturizing the other ingredients are. They recommend Lavender Garden (the one I want to try) and Left Coast Lemon for dry hair, if you ever do decide to try it. The fragrance-free version has the same first ingredient, so that formula might help drier hair, too.

I will certainly let you know what I think if I give it a go Smiley Happy. I'm certainly tempted!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well I do look forward to your review if you try it. Smiley Happy

So regarding aloe, it wouldn't be moisturizing enough for me alone. And I'm surprised it says the lemon for drier hair because it contains a few citrus extracts which can be drying (and is for my hair). It wouldn't be too bad if it had alot of ingredients but with so few ingredients, that is too much citrus extracts for my hair.

Have you thought about trying Shea moisture Coconut and hibiscus co-wash? I use it for my scalp (I use WEN but not on my scalp, just the length of my hair).  I don't have curly hair but it says it is for curly hair. Shea moisture has several other formulas of shampoos and conditioners you might check out, most of which are geared towards curlier hair.  Here are the ingredients (note that some are organic):

Deionized Water, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut)Oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Magnifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Cetyl Esters, Kaolin Clay, Grapeseed Oil, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride (Conditioner), Hibiscus Sabdariffa Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Vegetable Protein, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Stearyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), African Black Soap Extract, Sea Salt, Rosemary Extract, Caprylyl Glycol *Certified Organic Ingredient.

Super Contributor

I see your dilemma! The bentonite clay can be drying, too, I understand, so you may be correct that this might not be the best for your hair type. I'm curious to know how it would work for you, though, if you used it regularly for a trial period; it's supposed to do amazing things, essentially "healing" your hair. Are you feeling experimental? Smiley Wink

I have tried that co-wash! I discovered it near the end of May. Though I loved that it took less time to use than WEN, I feel it weighed my hair down too much. I purchased it after reading about how wonderful hibiscus can be for hair. It was my first foray into more natural ingredients in my hair care. Thank you for the suggestion, though! I truly appreciate it. 

I heard Terressentials has a cult following. Maybe none of them visit the forums here! I'm leaning towards a purchase, but I admit I'm a little hesitant. I need a little convincing. However, curiosity may just get the best of me this time! 

Honored Contributor

@SparklyTiara wrote:

I see your dilemma! The bentonite clay can be drying, too, I understand, so you may be correct that this might not be the best for your hair type. I'm curious to know how it would work for you, though, if you used it regularly for a trial period; it's supposed to do amazing things, essentially "healing" your hair. Are you feeling experimental? Smiley Wink

I have tried that co-wash! I discovered it near the end of May. Though I loved that it took less time to use than WEN, I feel it weighed my hair down too much. I purchased it after reading about how wonderful hibiscus can be for hair. It was my first foray into more natural ingredients in my hair care. Thank you for the suggestion, though! I truly appreciate it. 

I heard Terressentials has a cult following. Maybe none of them visit the forums here! I'm leaning towards a purchase, but I admit I'm a little hesitant. I need a little convincing. However, curiosity may just get the best of me this time! 

haha, you are gooood! Smiley Wink But I will let you do the experimenting with this brand. I do experiment occasionally but I will wait patiently for your review first, lol! 

I honestly have never heard of that brand which is surprising because I'm always looking aroud at more natural, cruelty free hair care because I am always curious what is out there.

Maybe we can find someone to try it out for us?!  heehee!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@SparklyTiara wrote:

haha, you are gooood! Smiley Wink But I will let you do the experimenting with this brand. I do experiment occasionally but I will wait patiently for your review first, lol! 

I honestly have never heard of that brand which is surprising because I'm always looking aroud at more natural, cruelty free hair care because I am always curious what is out there.

Maybe we can find someone to try it out for us?!  heehee!

Can't blame a gal for trying Smiley Happy! You're so right: we need a guinea pig!

I came across a brief mention of the brand on Minimalist Beauty, a lifestyle blog about all things pure and simple. Ok, @HappyDaze, in the interest of research, you may have given me that little push I needed to take the plunge. I might need to watch a few more YouTube reviews to gather my strength, but I'm willing to be our guinea pig! I'll let you know once the submit button's been pushed; there's no going back then.

Ha....who's the one that's good again? Devil