Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tell me about SKINN and why I should use it, please.

@SahmIam - I was just getting ready to ask the same question!

@JeanLouiseFinch - I have normal skin and was looking for a new cleanser and pm moisturizer, etc. What would you recommend? Should I try one of the Today Specials?

Please feel free to chime in anybody - You gals really give this line great reviews and seem happy with the results. 

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@riley1 Well, let me tell you, I resisted trying D's cleansers for quite awhile. I was using another cleanser I have used for years and loved. So I received some small tubes of the cleanser and finally tried! Wow, I was pleasantly suprised and love the stuff. Both the am and pm cleansers!

Dimitri calls them "non-negotiables" and now I can understand why after using this! Sorry I waited so long to try!Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

The double double TTV that will be on tomorrow is an excellent way to try some of his "non-negotiables".  I love everything in this kit - which is a rare thing.  I usually cherry pick what I want.  With this one I use everything in it and it is all really, really good!

Valued Contributor

For dry skin, I recommend the Lipid Infusion oil. It is amazing.
Honored Contributor

@riley1 - I don't think you can do any better than Skinn AM and PM cleansers. While I do have a favorite cleansing oil for nighttime, I am also a big fan of both of the Skinn cleansers and will use the PM one for a change of pace. The scent is fabulous and it can also be used as a moisturizing mask. You're shopping at the right time because the Double Double TTV has the big bottles of cleanser in it. My PM moisturizer is the Deep Wrinkle Protocol Creme Reverse. Some people use this as a treatment prior to another moisturizer but I find that it's just right for me.
Honored Contributor

Forgot to add, @riley1, if you can swing it get both TTV's. Great value and excellent products all the way around.
Trusted Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I've been reading the SKINN threads here for awhile and didn't want to hijack the one that is pages long so I'm asking here and hoping that you kind members will tell me WHY...WHY should I look into the line and what's great and all that other wonderful stuff.

I have VERY dry skin, want to keep lines at bay, keep things tight and firm as well as fading hyperpigmentation.

ANY AND ALL info will be fantastic!!

Welcome @SahmIam! You have come to the right place to ask about Skinn...I am VERY dry too! I discovered Skinn 3 years ago this month and started with a double/double cleanser kit very similar to the one offered tomorrow...the cleansers are fabulous! The AM has a tea tree scent (very distinctive and took me awhile to get used to!It is refreshing for mornings) the PM cleanser is a rich,thick creamy orange scented delight! It smells like a 50/50 ice cream bar! The dermappeal is his manual dermabrasion scrub...it has menthol in it ,so if that is an issue, you may want to use less to see how it is for you..I love it! My skin never feels softer than dermappeal days... his wipes are bar none my favorite wipes ever....and I have tried them all...his hand restore has many fans (I do like it but I use a few Korres and Perlier body products inc hand lotions) and his essense is the first step in moisturizing and prepping the skin for treatment...

Now I use his 24 Youth preservation cream...the original not the new Elite now sold on Evine...many love the Elite, I was not a fan and found a few of the OG YPC on HauteLook and stocked up...I have 3 now in my refridge and it is my HG moisturizer, especially in winter...you should try the Elite version, which to me is lighter in texture, not as dense or rich but still moisturizing...

I bought his TTV for the hydro vitale serum and cream and I love them...they are not as thick or heavy as the YPC...they hydrate differently (I suggest looking at videos on them on Evine) using technology and ingredients that bind moisture to skin (I live in the desert so this is a plus!) The presentations were impressive as were the demos...these 2 may be your best bet as they are offered as a duo this week at anniversary pricing!

The DWP(blue line or deep wrinkle protocol) TTV offered today is fantastic for wrinkled skin...this is his prestige line with the most actives (the matrixyls,snake venom peptide, his GrowthFactors (non human)... the Age Reset is a HG serum and offered for the first time ever at 3.4 oz double size! The Creme reverse face and eye cremes are wonderful , but I do add his lipid infusion oil at night as it is not enough moisture for my dry skin...I will add I use some Isomers serums/creams in my routine as well and they work fabulously together...I am testing out Elysee's blue FOY/ and Pycnogonol serums daytimes now too...I may be a beauty junkie LOL 

HTH's with your ?'s...the Dimitri's Dazzlers ,as we call ourselves, are a terrific group who want to help, will answer your questions with honesty and try to help you find a Skinn solution...

I find Dimitri's line affordable (especially during the July anniversary and Dec Holiday shows), well formulated with top notch ingredients in the right amounts, no fillers or junk, made in USA (his skincare-not makeup but he OWNS the factory in China that produces his makeup with his strict no talc specifications) cruelty free and no animal products (no keratin,his brushes are all synthetic,etc) and his line is always far ahead of others in science ( Isomers is the other line that is on the cutting edge with new ingredients...love Manuela too!Her anniversary shows are next month!) 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you @Krissy_1968 for your generous contribution.  Like OP I have been following Dazzlers' passionate posts.  Took the plunge last month with the Reset serum and because of all of the endorsements ordered the blue TTV today along with a set of cleansers.

i can honestly say that Elysee serums have worked wonders!  I have no intention of abandoning the only products in all my years, that I've seen real results with, however - I have been informed, in no uncertain terms, that Skinn products are no less science based and in all likelihood compatible, so I look forward to using the HG items our ladies love so much.

I m most interested in the cream reverse.  Finding it in the TTV with the fabulous serum in double size is a real treat!  The double double with the cleansers is not available yet but that's next!  

Thanks OP for asking your question.  Thanks to all for your kind replies.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

THank you for all the wonderful answers, especially you, Krissy!!!! I am going to watch the videos on Evine, catch his shows, compare to the notes I've taken from this thread and go from there. 

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!  THe kindness and generosity of so many here is wonderful! : )

Regular Contributor

I've  been using Skinn products for about 2 years now.  My skin is definitely firmer with better texture, and honestly the fine lines are less noticeable.  Love the AM & PM cleansers, Age Reset Serum and really love the Vacuum mask and DermAppeal!  I would recommend starting your Skinn regime with both TTVs for this weekend.  Both winners!! Check out the ingredients and made in the USA.