Honored Contributor

@Jk9 wrote:

@SilleeMee I recently had my 4 front teeth crowns replaced and my dentist had me bring in a photo of me when I was younger and smiling and based my new crowns on that pic.  It really made me happy to have my "old" and younger teeth back.   I will get the canines replaced soon as well.   My coon hound hit my front teeth chasing a tennis ball that I bent over to pick up.  Had 4 root canals and almost lost the teeth except that I went in for care as soon as the weekend was over.  

@Jk9 

That's really nice that you had a picture of your younger self. That's what I wanted to do but I can't find any pics of me smiling where you can see my teeth. Glad you got you front teeth fixed after that dog incident! yikes!

Honored Contributor

OvalStyle looks best to me. Most of them look fake to me.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Mine are either the natural or youthful so I guess those are the two I like.  I had braces tho.  My dad and I have never had a cavity but mom and my brother weren't bless with good teeth.  Mom has had a lot of work done on hers and they look good for her age but my brother finally had all his pulled and wore dentures.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I guess I missed the post that you were getting new teeth.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Well I have "fangs" but they're barely longer than the ones next to them (going inwards)

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

Oh oh oh!  I had my toenails done FINALLY and I chose a pearlized dark blue and a dog paw outline (in white) on my big toes.  It was much more than I bargained for.  I just went in for polished toenails and walked out and hour and a half later with everything that could be done from the knee down Smiley Surprised  I was worked over with warm treated water foot bath, warm stones, pumice, gels, exfoliation, creams, massage, and I'm sure much more.  Thought I never would get my nails painted lol  I'm going back but JUST for polish.  I saw what I wanted but can't find it again.  A pearl white starting from the cuticle and pink on the tips.  Also a sand color starting from the cuticle and turquoise at the tip.  I only wear Yellowbox sandals 6+ months out of the year.  This is going to be fun Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

chicken dentist patient

Girl, I am right there with you!  And to make it worse, I had to have my wisdom teeth removed.  One fell out in the dentist's hands.  The other one had to be removed an oral surgeon.  And my brother made me laugh the next day dislodging the plug thingy and I developed dry socket.  

Dad and I have never had a cavity but one thing that may or may not have made a difference with me is decades ago a dentist told me to not rinse immediately after brushing my teeth.  Let the toothpaste remain on your teeth for about 5 minutes.  I don't have time for that so I just don't rinse unless I'm rinsing with Crest Pro Health mouthwash.  

Honored Contributor

I'm getting my teeth done this Tuesday!! I'm so excited I could cry. Got butterflies and all....lol! I've decided I want the 'Oval' or the 'Youthful',  just depends which one will actually fit. I'll have to wear the temporary crowns for almost 2 weeks so that will be the time I can make up my mind about their shape. Woman Very Happy I have waited a long, long time for this and I pray it goes well.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  So happy for you!!! Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Thank you so much Woman Happy @kindred cats