Super Contributor

Tea tree RTM - personal experience

Just wanted to pass on to everyone my experience with tea tree RTM yesterday. DH spent the day weed-eating and spraying weed killer on our poison ivy and oak vines around our property. We are having our family get-together this Saturday and he doesn't want any of the kids getting sick.

He came in and told me he was afraid he had got one of them on his ankle - it was red with itchy bumps. I sprayed the area with TT RTM, the itching stopped immediately. This morning, first thing DH poked his foot at me and said "look, look". There was no sign of a rash and he had no itching or irritation. Now, he wants his own bottle - lol.

Not making any medical claims, just our personal experience

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tea tree RTM - personal experience

Yes Okiebug, it's great ! My DH sprays it before he goes in our yard to prevent being bitten. I use TT RTM every single day, I use it right after I cleanse my face. I love the fresh clean scent. The 2 oz. bottle are constantly being refilled around here.
Trusted Contributor

exactly Okiebug- Chaz said a few years ago it was like a summer must have- you know for all the summer 'stuff'. If you have TT CC, TT SC and TT Oil, you can actually DIY. I made it and it is almost the same. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

Okie and Beaches, thanks for sharing! I go hiking a lot and get chigger bites, which are very nasty. I forget the DEET, but doubt I would forget Wen!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Contributor

I wonder if you used the TT CC as a body lotion before you went outside would the bugs bother you still?

Super Contributor

On 6/30/2014 Shellbell79 said:

I wonder if you used the TT CC as a body lotion before you went outside would the bugs bother you still?

It would be worth a try. I know when I slather the Lav BL on I stop being bothered by mosquitos.

Valued Contributor

I love tt for this very reason. I have uber reactive skin. I use tt daily, both the rtm and oil. Can't use the cc. If I break out it helps it heal. If I want to keep the bugs away it does that too!

Valued Contributor

On 6/30/2014 Shellbell79 said:

While I don't use the BL the rtm and oil do this so I would assume the bl would too.

Contributor

I have referred to TT as "nature's antiseptic and insect repellent" for years {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I do have to be careful that my cat doesn't ingest it, but I do still use TT, as it has many wonderful benefits Smile

Trusted Contributor

We live in the boonies, so TT products are always on hand. A scalp full of TT oil is the best insect repellant around!!

My SO had the same issues with poison oak last year........typical man, I pointed it out to him as he was doing some yard work........he ignored me because "he's not allergic", then he was whining several hours later. After he scrubbed himself down with TT CC, I slathered his arms with TT oil. By the next morning, it was gone.