Super Contributor

Tea Tree really is all that (and a bag of chips)

for me. I ran low on TT and with the holiday spending I decided to just use BGT instead. When I began 18 months ago with wen I had a dry flaky scalp and HAD to use TT. It has been months since I have had any flaking or itching, so I thought I would forgo the TT in favor of the abundace of BGT that I have on hand. It did great for the first few weeks but yesterday my scalp starting itching. The good news is that I have an auto delivery coming next week and the other good news is that I realize how great TT is for me. In the past I have used TT exclusively for my first cleanse. I know now that I need to use TT for my first cleanse most days or until I get my scalp back in balance. After that I can probably use it every other cleanse.

Happy New Year fellow wenners.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Tea Tree really is all that (and a bag of chips)

Same here. I was using Pom and liked it but my scalp was itchy and flaky. I switched to TT and it really did not take long for the flakes and itching to go away. I still need to use up the others that I have but will always order TT from now on. My hair is more manageable, too.

Trusted Contributor

I agree! TT CC is a must-have for me. I use it on my scalp for almost every cleanse (1st & 2nd)....I can't be without it. It keeps my scalp healthy and flake-free!

live....laugh....love
Trusted Contributor

Yep, it's "all that" for me too. My oily scalp often gets itchy and flaky. I started out using TT & SAM years ago but moved on to other scents for some reason. I went back to TT a few months ago and it helps so much, it makes me wonder why I ever left. I'm using it as my first cleanse every wash now and don't plan to stray from it again for more than one or two washes at a time.

Respected Contributor

I agree. I love the TT. I never had flaking, but this year, when the cold weather started, my scalp was itchy. I just bought some TT oil and used it. That was the end of the itchiness. Great stuff! I always have the TT cc on hand to mix in with my other cc's. It does make a difference.
Respected Contributor

Chaz always says Tea Tree is for problem/solution. This is the only Wen product that I really don't like the smell of but the results are great. I have Tea Tree and use it now and then. My problem is that my scalp is extremely oily but with Wen I can go two days without cleansing but not a third day or the oil is right down to the ends and it sticks to my head, it's so oily. I found Lavender is good for "mopping up the oil"{#emotions_dlg.lol} but I fell in love with Wen Men.

Respected Contributor

Tea tree is definitely one of my favorite core cleansing conditioners and I use it often.

Respected Contributor

Tea tree is a must for me. It is always my first cleanse. I also use the TT oil 2 or 3 times a week as an overnight treatment.

Honored Contributor

I can't use any of it. I went through a phase and kept buying it. I have a friend who loves the stuff.

I just give it to her. Haven't given her my gallon jug yet, but it's a matter of time.

Frequent Contributor

Yes! I love TT! {#emotions_dlg.wub} It works the best for me and leaves my ends actually soft. Been struggling with my hair since I was probably 15 (tends to be dry, wavy, fluffy, was curly for a while) and I don't have any memory of having soft, not crispy-feeling ends... until now! I have been using TT for both cleanses (scalp and length) and have been using the TT styling cream as well. I had been using Pom styling cream up until a couple months ago but my ends are amazing now that I use the TT cream (and push it into the ends). I avoided TT for a while (CC and styling) because I don't love the smell of TT in general, but the smell doesn't linger and results are really great for me!