Super Contributor
On 8/26/2014 Pook said:

Tea tree oil is a staple for me. It's excellent for burns. While baking, I accidently grabbed a hot tray from the oven with my hand without a potholder (dumb but it was a a quick reaction to the tray that was pushed too far back). I immediately applied tea tree to it and had no blistering, burning and had just a very faint redness that didn't hurt. Just touching a hot tray with my arm always results in a blister and soreness so I really thought a trip to the doctor was going to be necessary for this. What a surprise. Now I treat all burns with it immediately and don't even get a burn scar.

That is really good to know. I have to twist my hand a certain way and I am always getting burned my the curling iron. I have a burn on my left hand that the tea tree and rose hip have gotten rid of the burn scar which is great.

Trusted Contributor
So many great tips! I have been interested in making my own oil blends, but not sure where to purchase / what to look for. What brands do you ladies prefer and why? Where do you prefer to purchase?
Regular Contributor

Valued Contributor

I have never used tea tree directly on my skin, but I have used it for its antiseptic properties, including adding it to shampoo--especially for my children when they were young. I like products with tea tree in them, too. Great for cleansing the scalp, etc. Also great to ward off lice! I know, sounds gross. But for those that have had young children, when there is a lice outbreak you want to ward off those critters. Knock wood, my children are out of the young school age a bit and this is not as much of a threat. However, in preschool it seemed like a few times every winter there was a lice thing going around. My children never got it. Ever. And although I base most of that on just luck, I also think that being vigilant about hair products, cleansing, etc., and the use of TEA TREE really helped. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

Great responses and suggestions!

I recently used it on a wart (just that word makes me go eww) that sprung up on the front of my shoulder for some strange reason (eww again.) I used TTO w/ Olive oil on Q-tip and applied bid x 3 days. The eww is gone. Good stuff.

Super Contributor
On 8/25/2014 graceandmercy said:

I have Dr. Schultz's tea tree oil with jojoba! Its amazing, burns, skin problems..I've used it on so many things! Its antifungal, antibacterial...wonderful! How are you Kat???

I'm sorry graceandmercy I missed your post. I'm good, how are you? I was just harassing my daughter about tto and rho. I showed her that the scar on my hand is gone from the oils. She has two irritation scars on the sides of her eyes from her glasses. She uses argon but I told her to try the tto and rho for awhile. Of course I'm just mom, what do I know, lol.

Super Contributor
On 8/26/2014 Jeannie29 said: So many great tips! I have been interested in making my own oil blends, but not sure where to purchase / what to look for. What brands do you ladies prefer and why? Where do you prefer to purchase?

I started with JM Argon and then purchased my RHO, TTO and Emu at ASDM. They will probably have a Labor Day Sale with 20% off. You get large bottles for 12.00-15.00.

Super Contributor

When I have a blemish crop up, I spot treat by putting a drop of tea tree oil in it, then follow with a dab of clay mask and leaving it on overnight. The blemish is always gone or nearly gone in the morning.

Super Contributor
On 8/24/2014 KatCat1 said:

Do you mix the tea tree oil with a carrier oil? You should not apply essential oils directly on skin; however, I spilled peppermint oil and it got on my fingers. I was buzzing around for about an hour with energy. ha! Essential oils do work.

I burn tea tree oil with orange oil or tangerine oil (use a little more orange) 40/60. The tea tree oil cleans the air especially if you are sick but I love the two oils together. House smells great.

When I was in dental hygiene school we used to put a bit of peppermint oil near our noses on long days and exam times.

Occasional Contributor
On 8/26/2014 Jeannie29 said: So many great tips! I have been interested in making my own oil blends, but not sure where to purchase / what to look for. What brands do you ladies prefer and why? Where do you prefer to purchase?
http://mydoterra.com/christinecole This is a link to my doTerra page if you're interested in quality, pure essential oils. There is also a lot of information about how to use essential oils. The tea tree oil is called Melaleuca with this company.