Honored Contributor

Tatcha - today only - Rice Enzyme Powder 2-for-1 - $65.00

I have been using the Tatcha Cleansing Oil and Enzyme Powder for the past two years and I really like them. I was almost out of the Enzyme Powder and I've been looking for their very infrequent 2-for-1 offer.

It generally seems to only be offered once a year, although the host mentioned that in had been offered last November. It shows up out of the blue and tends to sells out during the presentation. I think the only reason that it's still available today is that it was presented in their 2am ET show this morning. There's a second Tatcha show tonight (9pm ET, I think) and I'm sure it will sell out during that presentation (if not before then).

The Enzyme Powder is available in three formulas: dry skin, nornal skin & oily skin. -- You can choose either a one time delivery or the auto-delivery plan which has two additional shipments at 6-month intervals. I'd recommend choosing the A/D option because they rarely do these 2-for-1 specials with the Tatcha Enzyme Powder.

I'm able to use less of the enzyme powder per use once I started also using the EcoTools Konjac sponge (at iherb for $5 which lasts 2-3 months when I use it gently). When I shower, first I use the Konjac sponge to gently exfoliate my face. At the end of my shower I use the Enzyme Powder and so only use about half the suggested amount. -- It must be working because people regularly comment on my "glowing" skin and I'm pushing the 60 mark. Smiley Happy

FYI, @JeanLouiseFinch, whom I have great respect for, always likes to mention Tatcha dupes for their rice emzyme powder and their cleansing oil. -- Many folks her have use her Tatcha dupe suggestion with great success, so hopefully she'll see this and share her info once more. -- JKF, lol, one of these days I'm going to try those dupes. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___

Recently On Air
QVC Price:$65.00
Available for 3 Easy Payments

___

Honored Contributor

Re: Tatcha - today only - Rice Enzyme Powder 2-for-1 - $65.00

so what are the dupes for this product?

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

so what are the dupes for this product?

@wagirl, I don't remember so I'm hoping that @JeanLouiseFinch will see this and share her inside info one more time. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOL, @bebe777 - I actually paused for a second the other day and thought about trying Tatcha when the deal came up on Beauty IQ, but I still couldn't do it.  For those who love Tatcha and are used to the price, getting 2 for the price of 1, is a win.  Still, for me, the dupes are still a better value and I'm pleased with the results.  Costly packaging isn't important to me.

@wagirl
"My" dupe for the cleansing oil is Dr. Young Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil (on Amazon).  It's 200 ml (6.76 oz.) for $32.  I've tried others (DHC, Josie Maran) but didn't like them so I have stopped experimenting as this one is the best for me.  I've been using Dr. Young's for several years now.

The original find as a dupe for the rice enzyme powder was Fleur de Lis Rice & Papaya Enzyme Powder (also on Amazon).  A 4 oz. bottle is $23 and comes in 4 scents.  The unscented smells bad.  Of the remaining ones, the Madagascar Vanilla is the most pleasent to me.

Not too long ago I found another one on Amazon called SRB Stabilized Rice Bran Enzyme Powder Wash.  Many of the reviewers compare it favorably to Tatcha.  I tried it and it seems to foam up the way the Tatcha does on the demo's, but it doesn't have a very nice scent.  It's not intolerable, though, given that it's only on for a short time and rinsed off.

Lastly, as an aside...yesterday on was on the Costco website and happened upon something called Vasanti Brighten Up Exfoliating Cleanser with Microcrystals, Papaya, and Aloe.  It had a near perfect rating of 4.8 in just under 200 reviews - 7 oz./$35.  I haven't tried it, but I'm tempted.  It is a different type of delivery though as it's a liquid cleanser with the key ingredients included, so not an actual dupe, just another option.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

LOL, @bebe777 - I actually paused for a second the other day and thought about trying Tatcha when the deal came up on Beauty IQ, but I still couldn't do it.  For those who love Tatcha and are used to the price, getting 2 for the price of 1, is a win.  Still, for me, the dupes are still a better value and I'm pleased with the results.  Costly packaging isn't important to me.

@wagirl
"My" dupe for the cleansing oil is Dr. Young Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil (on Amazon).  It's 200 ml (6.76 oz.) for $32.  I've tried others (DHC, Josie Maran) but didn't like them so I have stopped experimenting as this one is the best for me.  I've been using Dr. Young's for several years now.

The original find as a dupe for the rice enzyme powder was Fleur de Lis Rice & Papaya Enzyme Powder (also on Amazon).  A 4 oz. bottle is $23 and comes in 4 scents.  The unscented smells bad.  Of the remaining ones, the Madagascar Vanilla is the most pleasent to me.

Not too long ago I found another one on Amazon called SRB Stabilized Rice Bran Enzyme Powder Wash.  Many of the reviewers compare it favorably to Tatcha.  I tried it and it seems to foam up the way the Tatcha does on the demo's, but it doesn't have a very nice scent.  It's not intolerable, though, given that it's only on for a short time and rinsed off.

Lastly, as an aside...yesterday on was on the Costco website and happened upon something called Vasanti Brighten Up Exfoliating Cleanser with Microcrystals, Papaya, and Aloe.  It had a near perfect rating of 4.8 in just under 200 reviews - 7 oz./$35.  I haven't tried it, but I'm tempted.  It is a different type of delivery though as it's a liquid cleanser with the key ingredients included, so not an actual dupe, just another option.   

@JeanLouiseFinch, lol, I understand completely. Smiley Happy I'm at the end of my Tatcha Enzyme Powder and if this deal hadn't come up, I was ready to try the dupe you recommend so highly. Smiley Happy 

I have really oily skin and, up until now, I've only been able to get the Normal version on their infrequent 2-for-1 offer. So the opportunity to finally get to try their formula for my oily skin was just too good to pass up. Smiley Happy

Thank you, as always, for sharing the info on the Tatcha dupes that so many other folks on this forum have had great results with. -- btw, if you do try that Costco formula, I'd really appreciate it if you could send me a notification if you share your results on this board (since I don't read the Beauty forum regularly). Thanks again!!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@wagirl

@JeanLouiseFinch, lol, I understand completely. Smiley Happy I'm at the end of my Tatcha Enzyme Powder and if this deal hadn't come up, I was ready to try the dupe you recommend so highly. Smiley Happy 

I have really oily skin and, up until now, I've only been able to get the Normal version on their infrequent 2-for-1 offer. So the opportunity to finally get to try their formula for my oily skin was just too good to pass up. Smiley Happy

Thank you, as always, for sharing the info on the Tatcha dupes that so many other folks on this forum have had great results with. -- btw, if you do try that Costco formula, I'd really appreciate it if you could send me a notification if you share your results on this board (since I don't read the Beauty forum regularly). Thanks again!!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 and @wagirl  I completely forgot to include Eminence Organics Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant.  It's another one with rice powder, but also has lactic acid, salyciylic acid, besides the rhubarb and strawberries.  Nice stuff.  It comes in a 4 oz. container.  Prices vary depending on where it's purchased.  It's pretty easy to find.   

Trusted Contributor

@bebe777 Thanks for the heads up.  IMO there is nothing close to TATCHA.  I spent a fortune amassing the ingredients for the cleanser and still couldn't match it.  The emulsifier is key and the ones readily available are scary.  I do however, have a nice collection of camellia oil, premium rice bran oil, Red Sea algae etc.

The dupes for the enzyme powder were disappointing.  The Fleur de Lis smells like nonfat instant dry milk, even under the vanilla of the scented formula.  They're also grainy, scratchy, while TATCHA is smooth and creamy when you mix it properly with water first.  But then, I dislike DermAppeal immensely- it hurts- some swear by it.  I just find adjustable strengths and TATCHA's luxurious consistency far superior.  

I'll be ordering both doubles, camellia oil cleanser and enzyme powder, both at virtually half price.  Thanks again