Honored Contributor

Re: Tatcha - new - Camilla Cleansing Oil duo - $69.96

@Icegoddess wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

I just ordered the Dr. Young Camellia Oil from Amazon over the weekend.  Already using the Fleur de Lis Rice Enzyme powder on occasion.  

BTW, I think it was the last one, so you guys are out of luck.  Bwahahaha!

I see it as "in stock" via seller Daybeauty, thru Amazon.  That's where mine always comes from.  I've never had a problem getting it when I want it.  I still have a lot in my current bottle so I probably don't have to order until late September/early October.

Really, I was only joking, although it was supposedly the last one in stock when I ordered it.  They may actually have more than one supplier.   I don't remember if that was where mine came from.  I do know I didn't get it on Prime.  

Ahh, OK.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Hi bebe777 -  I'm not a Tatcha user, but for those who are, this would probably be a good option for them.  I use Dr. Young Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil (order from Amazon).  I and a few others feel it's an excellent option for a cleansing oil.  The price of Dr. Young's is 200 ml (6.76 oz.) for $38.75 with free shipping.  In doing a comparison, the Tatcha duo would provide 10.2 oz. for $69.96 plus tax and shipping (would be about $77.86 for me) and two bottles of Dr. Young's would provide 13.52 oz. for $77.50 to everyone since there's no tax or shipping.  While the end costs are very close, I still get over 3 oz. more product of Dr. Young's, which is about a half a bottle's worth.

About the dupe enzyme powder.  I was using Fleur de Lis Rice Enzyme Powder for months or maybe even a year (vanilla is the best scent - others are stinky).  It is finely milled, has no talc, and is very gentle to the skin.  Along the way, I rediscovered something an aesthetician used on me several years ago called Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant and I've been using that for several months now, in rotation with other exfoliators I have in my  aresenal.  It's really nice.  It's a powdered form but slightly grainier than the Fleur de Lis.  You add water to make it the consistency you prefer.  You can find the Eminence product in sample sizes on eBay if you want to try it before purchasing a full size. 

Thanks for all the cleansing oil information everyone. I had intended to purchase the Tatcha duo this week, but between watching Wimbledon (I'm sad that Federer lost) and the Tour de France I never got around to ordering it. 

JLF, thanks for once again sharing your inof about the Tatchha dupes. I knew that you had posted about them before but I couldn't find the threads. I'm going to have a look through the products that you're using. -- You also mentioned that the emzyme powder also has talc in it. Do you know why talc isa major ingredient in their enzyme powder?

For years I had been using a product that was wonderful for my oily, acne prone skin. It balanced my skin and left it acne free. Then the company just disappeared from the marketplace. I had 3-4 bottles of the good stuff, but now my stash is close to gone. I've been trying out a few cleansing oils (DHC being the latest one), but they generally leave my face a little sticky and leave me with some acne issues. -- I had been looking for a cleansing oil with rosewood (and, I think, carrot & rose hips oils) in it -- the key ingredeint in my Rosewood Wonder Drops -- but it doesn't seem to be included in cleansing oils. I wonder if rosewood oil is just too expensive. 

btw, does anyone know of a cleansing oil that has rosewood oil in it? 

DoxieMomma, thanks so much for sharing your experience with these two products as well. 

ChynnaBlue, I was only tried the oil while I was at Barney's; they didn't give me any samples of the oil but they did give me a few samples of the emzyme powder to try. Thanks for the heads up about Tatcha being drying for your face because that's something for me to consider. Because my face is so oily, I dont have issues with products drying out my face. That said, I'm not interested in a product that might strip my face and not balance the my sebum oils properly. What I liked about the Tatcha oil was that it did seem to clean my skin and balance my oils properly without leaving my face sticky (at least for one time). -- I think that Tatcha used to have trial sizes available at their website, so I'm going to check to see if they are still around.

Clearly I've got some more research to do before purchasing my next oil cleanser. Thank you to everyone for all this info, and a special thanks to all the info from the Wenners!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Interesting post. I've been using the olive oil cleansing oil from DHC Skincare for years and keep going back to it after trying several other brands, including Tatcha. I have always had oily skin, but not acne, and I don't find the DHC to aggravate the oiliness. It emulsifies easily with warm water and rinses completely. It is the only product I've found that actually removes my waterproof makeup effortlessly. I find most oil cleansers to be too thick and non-emulsifying. Or too full of chemicals. And don't melt away the mascara like DHC does.
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Hi bebe777 -  I'm not a Tatcha user, but for those who are, this would probably be a good option for them.  I use Dr. Young Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil (order from Amazon).  I and a few others feel it's an excellent option for a cleansing oil.  The price of Dr. Young's is 200 ml (6.76 oz.) for $38.75 with free shipping.  In doing a comparison, the Tatcha duo would provide 10.2 oz. for $69.96 plus tax and shipping (would be about $77.86 for me) and two bottles of Dr. Young's would provide 13.52 oz. for $77.50 to everyone since there's no tax or shipping.  While the end costs are very close, I still get over 3 oz. more product of Dr. Young's, which is about a half a bottle's worth.

About the dupe enzyme powder.  I was using Fleur de Lis Rice Enzyme Powder for months or maybe even a year (vanilla is the best scent - others are stinky).  It is finely milled, has no talc, and is very gentle to the skin.  Along the way, I rediscovered something an aesthetician used on me several years ago called Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant and I've been using that for several months now, in rotation with other exfoliators I have in my  aresenal.  It's really nice.  It's a powdered form but slightly grainier than the Fleur de Lis.  You add water to make it the consistency you prefer.  You can find the Eminence product in sample sizes on eBay if you want to try it before purchasing a full size. 

Thanks for all the cleansing oil information everyone. I had intended to purchase the Tatcha duo this week, but between watching Wimbledon (I'm sad that Federer lost) and the Tour de France I never got around to ordering it. 

JLF, thanks for once again sharing your inof about the Tatchha dupes. I knew that you had posted about them before but I couldn't find the threads. I'm going to have a look through the products that you're using. -- You also mentioned that the emzyme powder also has talc in it. Do you know why talc isa major ingredient in their enzyme powder?

For years I had been using a product that was wonderful for my oily, acne prone skin. It balanced my skin and left it acne free. Then the company just disappeared from the marketplace. I had 3-4 bottles of the good stuff, but now my stash is close to gone. I've been trying out a few cleansing oils (DHC being the latest one), but they generally leave my face a little sticky and leave me with some acne issues. -- I had been looking for a cleansing oil with rosewood (and, I think, carrot & rose hips oils) in it -- the key ingredeint in my Rosewood Wonder Drops -- but it doesn't seem to be included in cleansing oils. I wonder if rosewood oil is just too expensive. 

btw, does anyone know of a cleansing oil that has rosewood oil in it? 

DoxieMomma, thanks so much for sharing your experience with these two products as well. 

ChynnaBlue, I was only tried the oil while I was at Barney's; they didn't give me any samples of the oil but they did give me a few samples of the emzyme powder to try. Thanks for the heads up about Tatcha being drying for your face because that's something for me to consider. Because my face is so oily, I dont have issues with products drying out my face. That said, I'm not interested in a product that might strip my face and not balance the my sebum oils properly. What I liked about the Tatcha oil was that it did seem to clean my skin and balance my oils properly without leaving my face sticky (at least for one time). -- I think that Tatcha used to have trial sizes available at their website, so I'm going to check to see if they are still around.

Clearly I've got some more research to do before purchasing my next oil cleanser. Thank you to everyone for all this info, and a special thanks to all the info from the Wenners!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

You're very welcome, bebe.  As for the talc, I'm not 100% sure as to why manufacturers add it, if it has specific purpose, is a filler, or vehicle for the other ingredients, but I have read that talc can be irritating for some people which why I mentioned the Fleur de Lis is talc free.  The Emminence is as well.  

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:
Interesting post. I've been using the olive oil cleansing oil from DHC Skincare for years and keep going back to it after trying several other brands, including Tatcha. I have always had oily skin, but not acne, and I don't find the DHC to aggravate the oiliness. It emulsifies easily with warm water and rinses completely. It is the only product I've found that actually removes my waterproof makeup effortlessly. I find most oil cleansers to be too thick and non-emulsifying. Or too full of chemicals. And don't melt away the mascara like DHC does.

I just want to clarify... I didn't mean to imply that DHC aggravated oiliness because that wasn't what I meant. -- My experience has been that non-oil cleansers tend to strip my skin. Then my skin compensates for the loss of oil by overproducing sebum oil (which is barrier protection for the face).

DHC did balance the oil on my face in the sense that, after cleansing, my face didn't work overtime to produce more oil. For me, the problem is that the DHC cleansing oil just leaves my face a bit sticky, when compared with my Rosewood Wonder Drops (which are no longer available). -- When I tried Tatcha last week, I noticed that it didn't leave my face feeling sticky the way that DMC cleansing oil did. I'm glad that DHC works well for you Smiley Happy

A good friend of mine, who knows a lot about oils and herbs, had recommended DMC (she uses it), so I'm disappointed that it didn't work as well as I had hoped. 

I think that olive oil may just be too heavy for my face. I've also noticed that most of the oil cleansers that use oilve oil do not use organic olive oil. I think this is a shame because non-organic olives are sprayed with a lot of pesticides. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

This past July 6th, for the first time, the TATCHA One-Step Camellia Cleansing Oil Duo was offered at a special $69.95 price for the month of July. 

During the Asian-Inspired Beauty Innovations show this morning, Alberti mentioned that this Tatcha duo is available again at this special price. -- Alberti said that this special purchase will be offered twice a year, once in July and then again at another time in the year (and this year it's October).

One Camilla Cleansing Oil bottle is currently feature priced at $43.64, so the duo saves you about $10 per bottle (including the single S&H charge).

In July, there was also an auto-delivery option for one additional shipment for the duo which would keep the price at $69.96 but, this time, the A/D option is not available.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___

Best Seller
QVC Price: $77.00   Featured Price: $69.96
Available for 5 Easy Payments

___