Honored Contributor

I haven't used it. I think it's outrageously expensive and I don't buy the story behind it at all.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

You can get in depth Tatcha product reviews at beautypedia dot com. Paula just started reviewing this line.

Respected Contributor
On 12/8/2014 cantdrive55 said: Sometimes you get what you pay for, and Tatcha is an example of that. It is the most luxurious cleansing experience and I highly recommend it, especially in the final hours of of the F&F sale.

ITA! I loaded up last nite as soon as I discovered the sale. Got all 3 enzyme rice cleansers for 3 different skin types ... 'cause I love them all! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Trusted Contributor

I bought the 4-piece discovery kit to try it. I wanted to hate it because it is so darn expensive. Oh my, it's heaven ! I'm not too impressed with the oil, as it doesn't seem to do much for me. But the rest of the kit is AMAZING as Lisa would say. The rice powder has made a huge difference in my skin which was almost perfect to begin with ! It leaves my skin so baby soft, so smooth, so nice, I have to keep touching it after every use. It calms it down, smooths it out, and softens like crazy. I thought my skin was flawless and perfect before, but now it makes me want to cry !

I am going to have to continue using these last three ingredients...guess I'll have to put my children to work to pay for it...sigh.

Contributor
Use Dermalogica products that do same thing. They have a rice exfoliation product and cleansing oil. Get on beauty.com with free shipping and 5% back. Much better!
Super Contributor

I absolutely love the Cleansing Oil and Rice Powder. But as others have said, to each his/her own. I wish those who recommend something else as being "the same" "as good" or "better than" would let us know if they've actually tried the Tatcha so we know if it's a true comparison or if it's just their opinion...

Honored Contributor
On 12/8/2014 MarenSeattle said:

I absolutely love the Cleansing Oil and Rice Powder. But as others have said, to each his/her own. I wish those who recommend something else as being "the same" "as good" or "better than" would let us know if they've actually tried the Tatcha so we know if it's a true comparison or if it's just their opinion...

Do you mean on this thread because everyone who said they liked something better has said they tried the cleansing oil or other Tatcha product. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Super Contributor
On 12/8/2014 HappyDaze said:

Do you mean on this thread because everyone who said they liked something better has said they tried the cleansing oil or other Tatcha product. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Not necessarily. For example, Bullseye didn't say whether she'd tried the Tatcha, just that the Dermalogica products do the same thing. I'm not doubting that, but curious if she means it does the same thing for her, or if they do the same thing because they have a cleansing oil and rice powder. If someone has tried Tatcha and found something else they prefer, I'd like to know why -- I'm always in the market. :-)

JLF found Dr. Young and Fleur de Lis because she didn't want to fork out the admittedly high price for the Tatcha (understandable -- I didn't want to either until Lisa brainwashed me :-). I thought that was really enterprising of her and kept meaning to try "her" alternatives, but just don't want to do without the Tatcha because I like it so much.

I've read posts from someone who tried the Tatcha then another brand, and some liked the Tatcha better, some preferred the other brand. I'm just interested to know why -- a comparison -- because I might prefer another brand, too. Okay?

ETA: Not just on this thread. I wish when someone recommends a different item they'd let us know if they tried the product being discussed.

Honored Contributor

Not necessarily. For example, Bullseye didn't say whether she'd tried the Tatcha, just that the Dermalogica products do the same thing. I'm not doubting that, but curious if she means it does the same thing for her, or if they do the same thing because they have a cleansing oil and rice powder. If someone has tried Tatcha and found something else they prefer, I'd like to know why -- I'm always in the market. :-)

JLF found Dr. Young and Fleur de Lis because she didn't want to fork out the admittedly high price for the Tatcha (understandable -- I didn't want to either until Lisa brainwashed me :-). I thought that was really enterprising of her and kept meaning to try "her" alternatives, but just don't want to do without the Tatcha because I like it so much.

I've read posts from someone who tried the Tatcha then another brand, and some liked the Tatcha better, some preferred the other brand. I'm just interested to know why -- a comparison -- because I might prefer another brand, too. Okay?

ETA: Not just on this thread. I wish when someone recommends a different item they'd let us know if they tried the product being discussed.

ah gotcha, I missed those points, and good points. I too appreciate when people recommend dupes of products if they've actually tried the product of interest otherwise. Smile

Super Contributor

ah gotcha, I missed those points, and good points. I too appreciate when people recommend dupes of products if they've actually tried the product of interest otherwise. Smile

Yeah, we all have our opinions, but are you basing that on just your belief that a certain product is too high priced, don't like the spokesperson, what? That's what I want to know! I read a few posts on Hourglass Ambient Lighting saying essentially it was just as good as other less expensive powders out there. Again, not disputing that, but is that because you've found a less costly one that you like just as well, and if so, what??? :-) Okay, I'll let it rest, now. :-) You can tell this is a pet peeve of mine!