Super Contributor
On 7/27/2014 beach-mom said:

I lived in Japan for 3 years and taught school there. I visited Kyoto, the cultural center of Japan, a few times.

First, I don't think the founder of Tatcha is Japanese. I think she's Chinese.

Kyoto is the home of Geisha. The only one I talked to in a hotel restroom used Estee Lauder makeup when she wasn't in traditional Geisha costume. Fresh came out with a "Geisha" line some years ago. I bought everything. I really liked the rice powder face wash.

Although her story may be true, I tend to believe it's another "theme" of the cosmetics/skin care lines. If someone in Japan sold this book to an American, you can believe they received a lot of money for it! Smile

Yes, I once heard her mention she's Chinese. Didn't know the language when she went to Japan. :-)

How exciting you met the real deal!

Contributor

Don't know if her story is true or not, how ever I have read the Algenist story is just that....a big story to sell. I won't buy Tatcha products, because the first ingredient list on one of her products is Talc.

Super Contributor

Webbie poofed my comment.

I guess QVC now censors the boards.

Super Contributor

Is this product really worth it? Just wondering if anyone had excellent results with this.

Honored Contributor
On 7/28/2014 Poppet1 said:

Is this product really worth it? Just wondering if anyone had excellent results with this.

Many users have excellent results with it, but for some it's irritating and drying. My understanding is that the Tatcha enzyme powder contains talc, which likely is the irritant. The Tatcha system is pretty expensive, IMO. Some people believe it's worth it, but I couldn't spend that much and have a good conscience about it so I did some hunting and found dupes on Amazon that I think are great are a much better value...more product and lesser priced, even with shipping added on.

Honored Contributor
On 7/28/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Many users have excellent results with it, but for some it's irritating and drying. My understanding is that the Tatcha enzyme powder contains talc, which likely is the irritant. The Tatcha system is pretty expensive, IMO. Some people believe it's worth it, but I couldn't spend that much and have a good conscience about it so I did some hunting and found dupes on Amazon that I think are great are a much better value...more product and lesser priced, even with shipping added on.

I was just asking about "dupes" on another thread. Any ideas would be appreciated. I do shop Amazon a lot and just in the past year or so realize they have a lot of good beauty products at good prices.

Honored Contributor

Everything QVC sells has a "story" attached to it. Nothing is about the product any more. Philosophy? It makes you feel good. . . Mally? The STARS use it and it is so exciting we must scream and clap mamas!. . . Cookbooks? They often come from "mama" or someone else and making them will make you loved and popular when you entertain. . . and on and on it goes. And if it can connect to a host's life or wedding, so much the better.

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.glare} A good friend of mine is Japanese and said that these women have the worst skin ever. Because of the heavy make-up they wear. And what they use to remove the makeup. I never used this skin care but, from what I hear and read on the news most skin care will not make you look younger . You are your age. Exercise and a good diet and soap and water and a moisturizer are the key to healthy skin , that said to me by a skin doctor in NYC. Only plastic surgery can reduce wrinkles and turkey neck and other facial problems. It is what it is.

Honored Contributor
On 7/28/2014 Daysdee said:

I was just asking about "dupes" on another thread. Any ideas would be appreciated. I do shop Amazon a lot and just in the past year or so realize they have a lot of good beauty products at good prices.

The dupes I use, and have been very happy with since I started using them last October, are:
Dr. Young's Camellia Cleansing Oil and Fleur de Lis Rice & Papaya Enzyme Powder.

I use the cleansing oil at night and the enzyme powder in the morning.

With the cleansing oil, I first take a wrung out wash cloth and wipe off the surface makeup. I then take a couple of pumps of the cleansing oil and massage it around my face for a little bit. Then I get my fingertips wet and massage again, turning the cleansing oil into more of a milk. I use a Foreo Luna to get a thorough cleanse. Using a warm (not hot) washcloth, I wipe everything from my face. If I'm getting ready to go in the shower I'll just rinse in there.

The FDL enzyme powder is a little gritty, comes in three scented versions and unscented. The unscented and the Roman Chamomille are not very nice. They aren't on your face long so it's not completely intolerable, but they aren't pleasant. I've tried the French Lavender and it's just a little bit better. Of the scented versions, the Madagascar Vanilla is the most pleasant. To use the enzyme powder, I get my face dampened first. Put about 1/2 tsp. or so of the emzyme powder in my hand and add a little water to make it a little looser than a paste. Getting some on both hands, I rub it around my face until all areas have been addressed. Using a warm, wrung out washcloth, remove it from your face. Rinse the cloth and repeat as needed (or just rinse in the shower, if you're on your way in there).

Super Contributor
On 7/28/2014 Daysdee said:

The dupes I use, and have been very happy with since I started using them last October, are:
Dr. Young's Camellia Cleansing Oil and Fleur de Lis Rice & Papaya Enzyme Powder.

I use the cleansing oil at night and the enzyme powder in the morning.

With the cleansing oil, I first take a wrung out wash cloth and wipe off the surface makeup. I then take a couple of pumps of the cleansing oil and massage it around my face for a little bit. Then I get my fingertips wet and massage again, turning the cleansing oil into more of a milk. I use a Foreo Luna to get a thorough cleanse. Using a warm (not hot) washcloth, I wipe everything from my face. If I'm getting ready to go in the shower I'll just rinse in there.

The FDL enzyme powder is a little gritty, comes in three scented versions and unscented. The unscented and the Roman Chamomille are not very nice. They aren't on your face long so it's not completely intolerable, but they aren't pleasant. I've tried the French Lavender and it's just a little bit better. Of the scented versions, the Madagascar Vanilla is the most pleasant. To use the enzyme powder, I get my face dampened first. Put about 1/2 tsp. or so of the emzyme powder in my hand and add a little water to make it a little looser than a paste. Getting some on both hands, I rub it around my face until all areas have been addressed. Using a warm, wrung out washcloth, remove it from your face. Rinse the cloth and repeat as needed (or just rinse in the shower, if you're on your way in there).

Ditto! There's been a few nights when I've felt a little more cleansing was needed (thank you AZ heat) so I did a combo, added a bit of the FDL powder to my cleansing oil. Super!