Respected Contributor
On 7/28/2014 Poppet1 said:

Is this product really worth it? Just wondering if anyone had excellent results with this.

I have sensitive dry skin and rosacea and I ordered the discovery kit from their website. I do really like the products. My face feels nice and smooth after using it, and when I wake up in the morning it's still soft and moisturized. I just wish Q would offer all of the different powder options in the oil/powder duo.

Esteemed Contributor

For anyone who believes that there was only one book of Geisha beauty in all of Japan for thousands of years ... well naive consumer comes to mind. If nothing else Geishas probably shared some of their secrets over the centuries even if just by word of mouth. I might be wrong, but I swear initially they presented it as being "the only book." I just wish they would skip the hokey stories altogether.

I'm not saying Tatcha's formulas and products aren't wonderful, because I find my skin likes most of the products I've used over the years which were made by Asian companies or used Asian formulations and ingredients. I've been particularly impressed with rice-based facial scrubs and my experience with Tatcha's is that it's no exception.

This thread isn't about argan oil, but check out Josie's photo of the argan tree. I swear it's the same one Adrien Arpel (Signature Club A Adrienne) has used for years now. I guess the Moroccan government only allows one photo to be released to the western cosmetic manufacturers.

Regular Contributor
If it isn't products from the Amazon starting with Ojon to Amazon Clay with Tarte to Argon oil with Josie to Algiers from the sea with Algenist now a secret from a Geisha, Come On...
Esteemed Contributor

The thousand years is a bit far-fetched. A hundred or a couple hundred for a book, and I would have no problem swallowing that. It may have been a thousand year old recipe, which sounds more likely.

eta: I guess we all need to check our hearing!

story

Honored Contributor
On 7/29/2014 Harpa said:

The thousand years is a bit far-fetched. A hundred or a couple hundred for a book, and I would have no problem swallowing that. It may have been a thousand year old recipe, which sounds more likely.

eta: I guess we all need to check our hearing!

story

yes I posted this in an early post (post #29) about it being written in the 1800s but based on the oral traditions handed down over generations.

Super Contributor
On 7/28/2014 Daysdee said:
On 7/28/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 7/28/2014 Poppet1 said:

I was just asking about ""dupes"" on another thread. Any ideas would be appreciated. I do shop Amazon a lot and just in the past year or so realize they have a lot of good beauty products at good prices.

I still have a tall container of mineral powder facial cleanser from BE called Renew and Reveal (from the Rare Minerals line). Anyone remember this from Leslie Blodgett (sp?) She showed how to sprinkle in your hand..add a few drops of water...rub gently to form a light lather--then massage into skin.

This product was ""before it's time"" (imho) and am not sure if it's even still made/available.

Hhhmmm.....time to use this again..I also have several facial oils I need to try...!