Super Contributor

Ok..I was just researching Foreo Luna Mini here and saw both JLF and Maren discussing using with the cleansing oil/rice powder?

I have had a Clarisonic for YEARS and have loved, but wondering if I should try the FLM. I like the idea of no replacement brushes and that it's probably easier to keep super clean?

I see on HSN that they have it for $115 on 3 flex pays with FREE S&H..so I am REALLY close to pulling the trigger.

Thoughts?

Honored Contributor
On 7/29/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 7/29/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 7/29/2014 MandySays said:

I'll let you know how everything works out for me.

<br /> JLF, what moisturizer do you currently use for daytime? I'm wondering if I'll need something to put on top of the serum after it's absorbed.

After watching a youtube video a month of so ago, called My Skincare Journey, by someone who calls herself volmel55, I decided to give up daily moisturizers. I felt I was maybe getting too much moisture at times with them. Between using cleansing oil, a moisturizing toner, a Vitamin C serum that has hyaluronic acid in it, and either a BB or CC cream every day which has moisturizers built in, I was thinking that was enough. It's worked OK so far, but I still wonder if it was the right decision for long term healthy skin. That said, I recently started using just a little bit of Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream as the last step in my actual skincare. It provides light moisturization so it seem to be a happy medium for now. I've only been using it a very short time, so I'm still in the wait and see stage, but I do like it so far.

You know, years ago, Clinique didn't recommend moisturizer just across the board. I just about fainted when I heard that, but I did what they said and my skin was fine. I was on the razor's edge between normal and oily.

Most importantly, your skin will know if you need to re-introduce it into your routine, IMO. I've really begun paying attention to my skin and going with my sense of what it needs at any particular time, rather than just following a regimen prescribed by any skin care company.

Thanks Maren. I am trying to do that same. I was interested in adding a "snail something" but didn't want anything too heavy on my face. This seemed like a pretty good option, at least as a starting place. There are tons of products out there and I'm really enjoying reading/learning more about Korean skincare. I've also added a couple other Mizon products lately, too; the snail eye cream is impressive and Katluvr shared a collagen firming cream with me. I decided to try that on my neck and like that a lot too.

Valued Contributor

HI Mandy-

Please post back when you've tried it, too. Smiley Happy

I use and love the Cleansing Oil. I haven't had to repurchase yet b/c I use a very small amount. This removes all trace of MU AND I love the way it leaves my skin feeling hydrated and supple.

Super Contributor

Will do, glmama! Good to know about the cleansing oil. I got a dupe off Amazon, but haven't used yet.

So I totally pulled the trigger and ordered a Foreo Luna Mini via HSN cos free shipping and since someone gave me a 20% coupon code (Save 20% Off $50+ Beauty Order - 145117, Ends 7/31/2014.) so it was $101.41 total divided into 3 flex pays. Will report back on THAT, too eventually Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Will do, glmama! Good to know about the cleansing oil. I got a dupe off Amazon, but haven't used yet.

So I totally pulled the trigger and ordered a Foreo Luna Mini via HSN cos free shipping and since someone gave me a 20% coupon code (Save 20% Off $50+ Beauty Order - 145117, Ends 7/31/2014.) so it was $101.41 total divided into 3 flex pays. Will report back on THAT, too eventually Smiley Happy

AWESOME! I've got the mini and use it every night. I hemmed and hawed over it, but am so glad I finally gave in. Now I'm debating about ordering a couple of them for my daughter and son's girlfriend for Christmas. Thanks for the code...that will surely come in handy.

Super Contributor

AND I ordered some Skinn Orchid Gel trio from ShopHQ..I really need to slow my roll. Think I should be good now for a bit. Well..until the next WEN TSV at the end of August Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

AWESOME! I've got the mini and use it every night. I hemmed and hawed over it, but am so glad I finally gave in. Now I'm debating about ordering a couple of them for my daughter and son's girlfriend for Christmas. Thanks for the code...that will surely come in handy.

Well, I ended up ordering but had to do them separately. I was hoping for 20% off on both, which would have been $46, buy there was a max. discount of $20. So, I just bought one that way and found another code (143944) for $10 off on the second one. Not quite as much of a discount as I'd hoped, but still pretty good overall.

Super Contributor

So I just pulled the trigger and purchased this after reading such rave reviews:

http://www.qvc.com/TATCHA-Luminous-Deep-Hydration-Firming-Serum-Auto-Delivery.product.A256863.html

It is currently on 3 easy-pays (through July 31) so that helped me justify the expense. I'm 36 and know it's time for me to get more serious about my skincare.

After going through this forum, I decided against purchasing the Tatcha rice enzyme powder and cleansing oil duo and got myself knock-offs via Amazon that JeanLouiseFinch recommended.

I"ll be sure to report back after I've been using this combo for a while. This'll be my first experience with a serum at all.

Can anyone else here tell me their experience with the Tatcha serum?

I'm also very happy with my Dr. Young's cleansing oil and Fleur de Lis rice enzyme powder. I'm interested in your experience with the serum. I just began using Vitamin C serum, for the first time (thank you JLF!) with great results so far.

Honored Contributor

MandySays - what's the Orchid Gel supposed to do?

Trusted Contributor

Well, I ended up ordering but had to do them separately. I was hoping for 20% off on both, which would have been $46, buy there was a max. discount of $20. So, I just bought one that way and found another code (143944) for $10 off on the second one. Not quite as much of a discount as I'd hoped, but still pretty good overall.

I thought I loved my clar. UNTIL I bit the bullet and ordered the Foreo. I ordered when HSN had an EZ pay and free ship. however, I believe it does a better job then my clar. It is also great not having to order brushes.( thank you Lyn for another great sugg.)I bet clar. will invent an option to the Foreo eventually.It will take a little time to being accustomed to using the Foreo device. At first it was a pain in handling correctly but keep working with it. ( poor grammer. sorry)