Respected Contributor

Tatcha Powder / Oil Cleanser is on Easy Pay - Talk me into it or talk me out of it ;}

I got the little sample box from Tatcha and enjoyed it but never caved and bought it since they didn't last me long enough to see good results.

As I am coming into my mid 40's, I seem to have way less pimples (maybe 1 a month) but I have like a few of these tiny "cone" type bumps on my cheeks that won't go away. Tried BHA9 from Paula and that didnt work on them either.

Anyways, thinking I may need to change up my cleansing routine and maybe that will help?

Would love to hear YOUR EXPERIENCE with Tatcha!

Also, when is the Q going to carry their Moisturizer? Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: Tatcha Powder / Oil Cleanser is on Easy Pay - Talk me into it or talk me out of it ;}

I use it and really like it. Just reordered. Sometimes I'll get it on Barney's website since they don't charge for shipping. But for both QVC has the best price even with the s/h charges.

Respected Contributor

Re: Tatcha Powder / Oil Cleanser is on Easy Pay - Talk me into it or talk me out of it ;}

On 9/5/2014 shoppergrl said:

I use it and really like it. Just reordered. Sometimes I'll get it on Barney's website since they don't charge for shipping. But for both QVC has the best price even with the s/h charges.

Thank you. Question, do you use morning and night? I do cleanse/tone both morning and night. Have you seen any change in your skin since using? Also, do you use any of their other products (serums/moist)?

Super Contributor

Hi Sandgirl! I read your post and feel I have some experience I can add to your decision-making process Smiley Happy I purchased the Tatcha oil and rice powder as a set (you can check for prices as shoppergrl suggested) and really do like it. I made the ultimate mistake, however, of purchasing the Le Mieux (A258691) Skin Perfecter at the same time and yep... you guessed it.... used them both right outta the gate! That was a huge fail on my part because while I absolutely LOVED how my skin looked... well I had no idea if both produced the effect or one. So... I backed off using both together to really see which one was a better fit for my skin.

Results for Tatcha: The Tatcha cleanses off all makeup very well. Pleasant, mild scent, does a good job, and it rinses off completely with water. Using my hands with the rice powder after the oil does a nice job of exfoliating the surface dead skin layer, leaving my face nice and smooth. The rice powder seems to leave my skin with a matte finish. Since listening to Lisa and how she uses the rice powder on her Clarisonic... I've tried that and it works a bit better than just using my hands. It is a nice duo. BUT... I also like Purity with the Clarisonic which for me, does an equal job to the Tatcha duo.

Results for Le Mieux: When I simply used the Tatcha duo, I wasn't seeing the great results I had seen when I used the Tatcha duo and followed it up with the Le Mieux. So, I went back to my original method of Purity with the Clarisonic, then used the Le Mieux. I have to say... to my surprise... the Le Mieux was what was making my skin go to that extra stage of clean and clear! I was a bit annoyed after reading comments that the battery life in it only lasts through 300 uses, thinking it was a more permanent solution, but ultimately decided that would take me past a year using it three or four times per week and I loved the results so I kept it. There are other brands of "ultrasonic skin scrubbers/spatulas" online, so a search for them would yield comparisons. I found that this device cleans pores more deeply than the Clarisonic brush or any cleanser I've yet to use. It's hard to describe, but after using it my skin IS cleaner... the pores around the nose and on the cheeks ARE clearer. Little breakouts clear out and disappear. I liken it to my ultrasonic toothbrush... it just cleans more thoroughly. An overall clarity is achieved after I use it, use my serum for the night, and wake up the next day. My face is THE smoothest as well. It does what it says: it allows my products to be more beneficial to my skin because it clears out any gunk so they can penetrate deeper.

So... after my initial mix-up of using Tatcha and Le Mieux... I've come to the conclusion it was the Le Mieux that did the BEST job of clearing out my pores and making my skin look its best. I do, however, still use the Tatcha duo and Purity and just switch them up according to my mood because I don't use the Le Mieux daily and you still have to cleanse anyway even before the Le Mieux is used. But for the best result from a cleaning and clarifying point of view, Le Mieux wins for my skin... better than any AHA or BHA product I've ever used (although I haven't used the BHA9).

I hope this helps but I've probably confused you even more! I guess in the end, it takes trial and error for your skin because that's how it always seems to go. Good luck deciding!

ETA: I just saw your post above re night/day cleansing... I only use the Le Mieux at night, same with Tatcha or Purity along with Clarisonic. So I use the Clarisonic nights I don't use Le Mieux. Morning I don't use any sonic device when cleansing.

Respected Contributor

A.WALKER Thank you!!!!

Le Mieux sounds amazing and maybe just what I need!! I do have the clarisonic but to be honest I broke out more whenever I used it, I even toughed it out for 2 full months of every other night just to see if my skin would clear but NOPE, so I stopped using it and now my skin is clear of pimples again. I "assume" the Le Mieux is on the Q? I'll look it up once I'm done typing this.

I wanted to say THANK YOU AGAIN for your detailed review, I honestly appreciate it more than you know Smiley Happy

Enjoy your afternoon.

Super Contributor

On 9/5/2014 Sandgirl said:

A.WALKER Thank you!!!!

Le Mieux sounds amazing and maybe just what I need!! I do have the clarisonic but to be honest I broke out more whenever I used it, I even toughed it out for 2 full months of every other night just to see if my skin would clear but NOPE, so I stopped using it and now my skin is clear of pimples again. I "assume" the Le Mieux is on the Q? I'll look it up once I'm done typing this.

I wanted to say THANK YOU AGAIN for your detailed review, I honestly appreciate it more than you know Smiley Happy

Enjoy your afternoon.

You're welcome! Yes, the Le Mieux is item #A258691 and listening to what you describe what's going on with your skin, tbh I think it might really help! Watch videos on YouTube and such, and you can check out other ultrasonic devices bc there are less expensive ones that you could see how you like. When my skin does break out with those annoying little ones like where'd they come from lol... I've even swiped on Mario Badescu's Special Cleansing Lotion C occasionally after cleansing or using Le Mieux but before other products. My skin can take a lot, so sometimes I need to snap it back into shape using that as well. But if you decide to try Le Mieux or other ultrasonic skin scrubber/spatula... I hope it does for you what it's done for me! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I am not familiar with the product you mentioned but I made a change with my facial wash over a month ago and it has made the world of difference in my skin. Neutrogena Pore Refining facial scrub. It is extremely gentle, an everyday facial wash and really cleans your skin. No more milia. I was using two different products that I loved but they left too much of a film in the sink so that is what my skin was experiencing. This new product removes all my makeup. Even when I use a cotton ball with Thayer's witch hazel to remove excess makeup, there is NONE. Both the wash & Thayer's are great for the pores. Plus, this does not cost that much at all. Good luck with your decision.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Its like nothing else! I use the oil cleanser in the morning and it feels like my pores open up, it feels really good! Then the rice powder is another experience, just try it! PS. I use purity at night to get my make up off.
Respected Contributor

On 9/5/2014 KatCat1 said:

I am not familiar with the product you mentioned but I made a change with my facial wash over a month ago and it has made the world of difference in my skin. Neutrogena Pore Refining facial scrub. It is extremely gentle, an everyday facial wash and really cleans your skin. No more milia. I was using two different products that I loved but they left too much of a film in the sink so that is what my skin was experiencing. This new product removes all my makeup. Even when I use a cotton ball with Thayer's witch hazel to remove excess makeup, there is NONE. Both the wash & Thayer's are great for the pores. Plus, this does not cost that much at all. Good luck with your decision.

KatCat - Thanks!! The scrub is affordable and worth a try, I'll pick some up - do you use it day & night and the Thayer's Day/Night? Right now I'm using the Mario Badescu Glycolic toner after I cleanse

Honored Contributor

Sandgirl, When I am in for the day, I use it to remove my makeup so it's generally once a day but sometimes twice. I use the Thayer's Rose Witch Hazel (no alcohol) after I cleanse. Neither product will dry out your skin. I really was pleasantly surprised with Neutrogena. No film in the sink after you cleanse and your skin feels so clean. I hope it works out for you.

kindness is strength