Respected Contributor

Tatcha Plum Blossom lipstick

I could not in good conscience pay $55, close to $60 with shipping and tax, for a lipstick.  It would not break the bank but I think of all the women around the world who are hungry or have very little money. I will stick with my $8 drugstore lipsticks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tatcha Plum Blossom lipstick

As a woman who has experienced hardship and living with pocket change, you're not going to make a difference by buying DS lipsticks unless you donate the difference to a cause that matters.

Super Contributor

I agree with you. The price for this lipstick was ridiculously high. 

Valued Contributor

My 13 year old niece has gotten me to watch “beauty influencers” on YouTube.  There are many videos of comparisons of high end and drug store.  The drug store brands are comparable, if not exactly, like the high end.  The drug store brands have spent a lot of time and money developing their products and are “coming for” the high end.  Example, there is a Natasha Denona eye shadow palette

ette that retails for $125.00, there is a dupe by Alter Ego that replicates the palette,for under $20..  little to no difference in quality.  

On their recommendation, I duped a Charlotte Tillbiry lipstick with a lipstick from Maybellime.  It’s,beautiful and I think it was $6.00

it doesn’t matter what our budget is, it’s silly to pay more for something than we have to. 

$60 for lipstick is ridiculous.  I’m going to find a dupe and post it

Honored Contributor

I understand that people can spend their money however they choose, but I would never pay that price for one lipstick. I find nice ones at drug stores and Walmart that fit into my budget and moisturize. 

Honored Contributor

It has more one star reviews than 5 stars, what does that tell you?

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

It has more one star reviews than 5 stars, what does that tell you?

Except for maybe one of the reviews, they all appear to have been left by people who actually used the lipstick, as opposed to reviews left by people who haven't, and are just complaining about the price. That says a lot.

Valued Contributor

Go on YouTube and search “ Dupes for Tatcha cosmetics and skin care”.  I have used Tatcha primer $52 and Elf primer $8.  I swear they are the same product.  Just take a look at the videos, maybe experiment and come to your own conclusion. 

Rip Off

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Sorry, I am going to be "that girl".  I love Tatcha lipsticks. I am not one that has a ton in my make up arsenal and don't own tons of brands. I have the lipstick in every color it comes in becuase they are all nice colors with my skin tone. I love how they go on and the case is pretty too.

One of there lipsticks last a long time and the wear of Tatcha is really good.  I am not a vacation girl or the girl that buys tons of shoes, don't get my nails done and can't remember the last massage I have had. 

We all find our own way to pamper ourselves and skincare and a great lipstick is one of mine. 

Deb

Respected Contributor

Chessylady, you are not Tatcha's target market customer.