Respected Contributor

Re: Tatcha Cleansing Oil & Powder Set...what am I doing wrong???

On 6/5/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 6/5/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 6/4/2014 bunnypink said: Hmmm...yes, I am adding water to the oil after 10 seconds to emulsify. In the package directions it says to use the powder after the oil. Not one in the am and one pm. Are all of you using only oil at nite and powder in the morning?

I should clarify, that I was only giving you the instructions as they were demo'd, I have never read the package instructions. I am not a Tatcha user, but apply the same method with the dupe products I use. The cleansing oil I use gets everything off and leaves my face clean and soft and is far less costly than Tatcha. For those who have experienced dryness or irritation with Tatcha's enzyme powder, I've read that it's very likely the talc that's in it. The rice and papaya enzyme powder I use has no talc.

Even Tatcha's Gentle Rice Powder has talc in it -- wonder why that is, actually.

If I ever get through my Tatcha stash, I'm going to seriously consider Dr. Young and Fleur de Lis. Good to see you're still happy with them.

Can you tell me more about this Fleur de Lis? Thanks.

Honored Contributor

On 6/5/2014 KKJ said:
On 6/4/2014 bunnypink said: Hmmm...yes, I am adding water to the oil after 10 seconds to emulsify. In the package directions it says to use the powder after the oil. Not one in the am and one pm. Are all of you using only oil at nite and powder in the morning?

I should clarify, that I was only giving you the instructions as they were demo'd, I have never read the package instructions. I am not a Tatcha user, but apply the same method with the dupe products I use. The cleansing oil I use gets everything off and leaves my face clean and soft and is far less costly than Tatcha. For those who have experienced dryness or irritation with Tatcha's enzyme powder, I've read that it's very likely the talc that's in it. The rice and papaya enzyme powder I use has no talc.

Even Tatcha's Gentle Rice Powder has talc in it -- wonder why that is, actually.

If I ever get through my Tatcha stash, I'm going to seriously consider Dr. Young and Fleur de Lis. Good to see you're still happy with them.

What would you like to know about it? I been using Dr. Young's Camellia Deep Cleansing Oil and Fleur de Lis Rice and Papaya Enzyme Powder since last October. The Tatcha demo I saw (one of the first times it was on) was quite intriguing, but too costly, IMO, so I went on a search for comparable dupes. I am very, very pleased with both of these products. Yes, there are shipping charges that can make you snarl, but even with them included, the dupe products are far less costly than Tatcha, and there's more in the containers, so IMO they make an outstanding value. Furthermore, there's no talc in the Rice & Papaya Enzyme Powder, which can be irritating to a lot of people. I use the cleansing oil every night and it gets all my makeup off, including eyeliner and mascara, but leaves my face soft and supple. Every morning, I use the exfoliating enzyme powder. It is a little gritty, but nothing scratchy or harsh. It does not suds up like Tatcha's, just turns into a slurry of sorts. The FDL enzyme powder comes in assorted scents and unscented. The unscented and the Roman Chamomile aren't the best, but not intolerable. The Madagasgar Vanilla is a little sweet, but pleasant. I'm looking forward to trying the French Lavender.

If you have any specific questions, let me know and I'll try to help you.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the info. I did a search earlier but nothing came up so will try again. I liked the Tatcha cleansing oil but did not get the powder because of the talc in it. She talks about all the great natural ingredients in it & then I find out there's talc in it--why? Anyway, I'm definitely looking further into the items you posted.

Honored Contributor

On 6/5/2014 KKJ said:

Thanks for the info. I did a search earlier but nothing came up so will try again. I liked the Tatcha cleansing oil but did not get the powder because of the talc in it. She talks about all the great natural ingredients in it & then I find out there's talc in it--why? Anyway, I'm definitely looking further into the items you posted.

Sorry, I should have mentioned....I get them on Amazon. Again, sorry for the confusion.

Regular Contributor

bunnypink, it does not remove my eye makup either! I honestly am not impressed with this product. The best cleansing balm I have found is Clinique "Take the day off"...

Super Contributor

I use dr young and fleur de Lis -- I love, love both. Leaves my face feeling clean and soft and smooth.
On 6/5/2014 KKJ said:

Super Contributor

I can not believe for the price there is a problem. I mean good grief, why is it so complicated to get off some makeup, send it back. That is way over priced anyway.

Honored Contributor

I am curious about this Tatcha cleansing oil and powder. Very pricey so are there any ""dupes"" and/or better places to buy it?

Super Contributor

On 7/28/2014 Daysdee said:

I am curious about this Tatcha cleansing oil and powder. Very pricey so are there any ""dupes"" and/or better places to buy it?

See post #22. JeanLouiseFinch uses dupes she found on Amazon.